How much to lose?

Options
I am 183lbs and 5ft 4ins my age is 70. Cant exercise much yet as recovering from heart attack. Dr advised only walking, at the moment difficult finding the motivation to do even that. Any advice would be truly appreciated

Replies

• yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I just walked to work this morning (30 minutes) and it is amazing how much more positive you feel after the walk, compared to before. Sometimes you have to just get out there and do the walk in order to feel good about walking.
    Presently 170lbs and 5ft 3ins.
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
  • RoHeLo
    RoHeLo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • MissT895
    MissT895 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I've started walking to everything within 3-4 kilometres from my house. Walked to and from dentist today. Tomorrow to and from gym etc. it makes u do it then u have no choice. Feel amazing after it tho and although it takes 30-40mins longer than car I'm exercising and not feeling so guilty
  • RoHeLo
    Options
    Thanks, I am starting today so here goes! Think I am blocking myself from doing it so hoping to change my mindset and giving it a go. :p
  • Hunnysmiles
    Hunnysmiles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I'm new to the community but have been using my fitness pal on and off for a few years. Making a commitment for 2016 and beyond. My goal is to lose 100 pounds and so far have lost 6!
  • Hunnysmiles
    Hunnysmiles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mostly making better food choices and dancing as my exercise. Started walking and I find great music or a good audio book helps. Also focusing on my breathing and form during the walk helps me get the most out of it. Good luck everyone!
  • RoHeLo
    Options
    Wow 6lbs, thats brilliant, keep going,
  • RoHeLo
    Options
    Calories consummed today way over the top ah well forget today and get back on track tomorrow.
  • mrtastybutt
    mrtastybutt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When I had my heart attack (at 38) they put me through cardio rehab. You may want to check it out through your hospital. They monitor you at the hospital. I had two heart stents, so maybe that's why, along with a host of other health problems. You may want to see if they have something similar available.
  • bvff35
    bvff35 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    RoHeLo wrote: »
    I am 183lbs and 5ft 4ins my age is 70. Cant exercise much yet as recovering from heart attack. Dr advised only walking, at the moment difficult finding the motivation to do even that. Any advice would be truly appreciated

Yay that you're alive! Will you have cardiac rehab? If not, follow the doctors orders strictly. They have several walking dvds or videos on YouTube. I'm sure the doctor and nurses already gave you instructions on a heart healthy diet. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
  • patandmamoore
    patandmamoore Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here. Had two heart attacks and stent at 49. I was scared to exercise. I agree that cardio rehab through your doctor or hospital so you are supervised and safe. Then go to the dietitian there to learn what to eat. I'm 69 now and have had no more cardiac events. Stay with medical advice. It works for me.