Staying in it

Options
Hey y'all I'm Brandi from Fl. New to the dieting world. Never really had to put much effort into weight management until I hit 30. Then last year at 34 I hit an all time high of 160 lbs and mind you, I'm only 5'4". After a short bout of depression and outgrowing all but 1 pair of jeans I was finally fed up. I swore to myself that starting the new year I was going to make some changes. And I did. Its been 18 days of counting calories, eating better, and exercising a few days a week. My jeans are fitting again, ALREADY! But....my problem is, I'm a housewife, in a rural area. I'm home about 95% of the week. So I get bored. Which causes me to case the fridge and pantry out of boredom. Its a struggle some days. I need help staying positive considering my situation. Any advice???

Replies

• tthoma5201
    tthoma5201 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    When you get the urge to raid the fridge or pantry maybe you can read a book, take a walk, or do some extra cleaning that's needed around the house.
  • Gigi3800
    Gigi3800 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    First thing is to get rid of the junk food, have healthy snack ready for grabbing. If you are a cook look at Pinterest they have tons of great recipes & even healthy versions of your craving or favorite foods.
    When the boredom hits do some journaling, go for a walk or jog. if you have dogs take them outside to play.
    Take up a new & exciting hobby
    Good luck
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I found that I didn't have a lot to DO at home, except the TV. So now when I'm home I kinda loosely schedule my day with ideas. Not too riding of course, but something like:
    7 am- get in some exercise. I'll usually list what sounds fun that day as options
    9 am- read a story or two from my short story collection
    10 am- tidy a room
    12- make some thing to eat
    1pm - get in 1k steps
    2 pm- art project (I like to draw and paint)
    3 pm- tidy a room, or do some laundry
    4pm- Usually my partner is home by then so the evening routine will include cooking, eating, and cleaning up. I usually plan something with him for the evening, or I work on my writing.

Coming up with some hobbies has helped quite a bit on my days off. I just need to continue them on week day evenings, but usually I just want to sit around. Trying to change that.
  • jbsmith0407
    jbsmith0407 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the tips & suggestions! I guess it all boils down to mind over matter and how badly I want it.