fitness trackers

Options
What fitness tracker would you recommend? I work an office job and exercise at my home with videos. During the summer I am hoping to walk or ride a bike at the local park. I need something easy to use, as well. I am not very good with technology.

Replies

• thatshistorical
    thatshistorical Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have the basic model Fitbit and it works pretty well for me. I sync it to my phone and it's pretty good for measuring steps, active minutes, etc. I also use mapmyfitness on my phone when I walk/jog outside. It gives a good average pace and it's easy to calculate my burn from that.

My partner has the Fitbit with HR, and she swears by it. But I'm not ready to upgrade yet; I've only had this one for a year. Maybe next year!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i got the fitbit surge. to me it made sense to combine all my gadgets in one place. i was using my phone for tracking steps (and honestly i dont carry my phone everywhere so it was only tracking runs/walks) my HRM which was a strap around my chest and a wrist display. So now all my data is in one place. I love that it tracks different types of exercises, runs, steps, sleep, yoga. But, its really really big and uncomfortable. the material is not pleasant, you have to wear it up the wrist, it doesn't really stay in place cause you're suppose to wear it loose. idk, I'm happy and disappointed with technology progress. it is pretty easy to use, syncing with the website is easy, its pretty idiot proof as far as technology goes.

and this is no joke, its as if it knows I'm talking *kitten* about it cause its going completely nuts on my wrist right now, it keeps flipping to the timer and buzzing lol.
  • klopatowski
    klopatowski Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've used map my run app for runs & walks but I just received a Fitbit HR for Christmas and I'm loving it! I tracks not just your activity but more importantly, for me, my caloric burn so I can easily make daily adjustments to my macros and keep on my fitness goals.