Healthy low cal Side dishes???

Options
Abrasue
Abrasue Posts: 218 Member
I'm going to a bbq tonight and i'm bringing side dishes. I want them to be yummy for everyone but not throw my diet off the deep end. Any suggestions!? TIA!!

Replies

• texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    Corn on the cob, green beans, fruit salad with out the cream in it, mashed cauliflower, ...I don't have any ideas for lowfat deviled eggs or potato salad lol just some thoughts
  • lauracouncil
    Options
    Fruit salad!! or cucumber and tomato salad ! just add any fruit or cucumbers with tomatos some bits of mozzerela cheese with balsamic dressing! :-) yummm!
  • CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You could do a veggie tray up or fruit salad. :)
  • DinaJean1957
    Options
    Deviled eggs are good using mashed potatoes as filling with light mayo and spices instead of the normal egg yoke filling.
  • emmykate83
    Options
    Tomato Cumber and Onion salad. Very low cal and very yummy :)
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    3 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
    freshly ground black pepper, to taste
    2 celery stalks, finely diced
    1 cup try Vegenaise
    1 small red onion, finely chopped
    1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
    1 1/2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
    1 Tbsp. lemon juice
    1-2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard

• Place the potatoes in a large pot and fill with enough water to completely cover the potatoes. Season with the salt and bring to a boil. Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until the potatoes are tender but not falling apart.
    • Drain the potatoes in a colander and let cool.
    • Combine all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
    • Cut the cooled potatoes into 1-inch pieces and carefully add them to the bowl, stirring until coated.
  • amiprettyinpink
    Options
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/hungry-grill-i-cant-believe-its-not-potato-salad-recipe

This is for a potato salad made with cauliflower instead of potato. It is sooooo good! really unbelievable that its not potato!:smile:
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato fries or puree. Search online for healthy versions of sweet potato fries that you can make yourself. For puree, just put two sweet potatoes (skin and all) into a food processor, then add salt & pepper to taste. :D

Summer fruit salad with fresh mango, pineapple, strawberries, bananas, and honeydew melon. Squeeze fresh lime juice over all of it!

Grilled veggies are always an option too!
  • timtamjones
    Options
    skinnytaste. com has an entire Summer Side Dishes section. Lots of choices on there for you.
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    i always take potato salad 2 my friends bbq's, i just use tinned baby potatoes, light mayo and a little light soured cream, Shallots, fresh chives and salt and pepper. I love it, :bigsmile:
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    How about a nice lettuce or spinach and veggie salad? I just take 2-3 types of dressing, being sure to have at least one I can eat.

I love to make a cold gazpacho soup taht was awesome, for summer potlucks, but you need some time to prepare that, plus you have to provide bowls and spoons.
  • Abrasue
    Abrasue Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Corn on the cob, green beans, fruit salad with out the cream in it, mashed cauliflower, ...I don't have any ideas for lowfat deviled eggs or potato salad lol just some thoughts

corn on the cob. DONE :) thanks!
  • bekahjk
    bekahjk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste. com has an entire Summer Side Dishes section. Lots of choices on there for you.

Thanks! Went and checked it out. Love this website!
  • ieatyarn
    ieatyarn Posts: 5
    Options
    I make a salad with watermelon, black olives and a bit of feta on a bed of greens, tossed with just a tiny dash of olive oil and a bit of pepper