Work out clothes?

Options
2»

Replies

• HealthySideofLife
    HealthySideofLife Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I like the clothes at JCPenney and Target. I've gotten all of my things there, except sports bras.
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I like Gap Body or something from the Nike store (but get it at a factory outlet if you can)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    I get Danskin from Walmart. I used to just wear old t-shirts and shorts, but I have found that if I actually dress like I'm working out I feel more serious and kind of athletic. It definitely motivates me.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I work from home, so workout clothes often become in front of the computer clothes and that means they end up with holes from the claws of my affectionate cats. So I go for cute but cheap: Target, Kohls or whatever ends up as overstock at Ocean State Job Lot. Gotta love $8 brand-name yoga pants!
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Exception would be for hiking and snowshoeing gear, where I'll pay the money for LL Bean or Columbia Sports. Comfort really matters when you're miles from anywhere.
  • lizkharvey
    lizkharvey Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love the Vs yoga pants and a favorite tank too :) want to try lululemon because of how the quality sounds. Did someone say it doesn't give camel toe??? :D
  • sradams1
    sradams1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Target or Kohls for me.
  • ObsidianMist
    ObsidianMist Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i vote for old navy too. a lot of women's clothing stores have athletic wear sections these days, just shop around for good deals!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I've gotten all my workout gear at Goodwill! Most stores have an "active wear" rack. There is a wide variety of brands, styles, etc. Of course, it's hit and miss, but when you "hit" it's a great find. They only sell stuff in very good condition and some of it is new, close outs from local stores etc at a fraction of the retail price. Certain stuff is half price every week. (half of the usual Goodwill price). This has been especially helpful as I keep shrinking out of my previous clothes.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I've had really good luck with Target and Old Navy. I also recently bought some Nike tanks at TJ Maxx for like $4 each and so far so good. I try to go for stuff that I think is cute and seems like a decent material. I've had several sports tights and tanks from Target for nearly a year now and they are holding up great after many washings.

Would love to get some Lululemon but can't justify the cost just yet. Maybe once I reach my goal I'll splurge. :smile:
  • carmkizzle
    carmkizzle Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I love Danskin at Walmart. There definitely is a big difference between working out in a Fruit of the Loom t-shirt and sweat pants and clothing that is moisture wicking - the clothes don't feel as weighed down and wet.
  • kdmoor2
    kdmoor2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If your looking for variety and budget friendly, I love Walmart - I know, Walmart. But it's really inexpensive, and you won't feel bad about throwing away a top that you've worn many times to Spin and Hot Yoga. Their pants are really inexpensive as well.

I just don't spend much on workout clothes as I really only work out in them. If you wear it on the weekends or running errands, then I can see spending more. Then Marshalls and Ross would be my go to.
  • cookielover_96
    cookielover_96 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I like the ones at Forever 21. Cheap, stylish, and nice quality. I'll ocassionally buy at other sport stores ONLY if on sale/clearance.
  • cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I really like stuff from Under Armour, I just go hit up their sales and the outlet store.
  • dlemond1128
    dlemond1128 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I finally broke down and bought some workout gear from Fabletics and I love it! The material is thicker, so you don't have to worry about your leggings being see through. I have found that some of the workout gear from Walmart and Old Navy are thinner and are see through.
  • Determined9801
    Determined9801 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sports Authority has a lot to choose from on their clearance rack usually. Also, TJ Maxx and Marshall's have good athletic brands for reasonable prices (i.e. $10-15 tanks and $15-$20 workouts pants of all kinds).
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    I've gotten all my workout gear at Goodwill! Most stores have an "active wear" rack. There is a wide variety of brands, styles, etc. Of course, it's hit and miss, but when you "hit" it's a great find. They only sell stuff in very good condition and some of it is new, close outs from local stores etc at a fraction of the retail price. Certain stuff is half price every week. (half of the usual Goodwill price). This has been especially helpful as I keep shrinking out of my previous clothes.

I know a lot of people frown at buying active apparel secondhand but I agree with this suggestion. ESPECIALLY in university towns...I have found tons of barely worn higher quality athletic apparel in thrift shops, including expensive swimwear from college swimmers that looks brand new.

Funny thing about thrift stores is some of them don't know what they have. Lululemon, Kuhl, and Patagonia for three dollars alongside Nike and Puma for ten dollars. hehe

• eveninghawk
    eveninghawk Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    JiggaJerra wrote: »
    Thank you all so much for the advice. I'm excited to go shopping, coming from someone who hates shopping, to get work out gear! Old Navy and kohls here I come!

Another fav I've used this fall is Marshalls/TJMaxx for finding underamour, adidas, etc for the really cheap. Good quality stuff that isn't see though. I try to give a gander at their racks and set a dollar limit for myself like "no bottoms over $16" etc. I find that helps too.