Airplanes......

Options
Hello Everyone,
New Year and I am starting back trying to lose some weight. I think that is all of our story but then why the title "Airplanes"? Have you been in those seats? I know I am not skinny but when you have to put the strap all the way to the very end and still struggle to get it clicked across your lap.... :-( that is a problem. It is embarrassing and you feel humiliated.....at least I did and now I do everything I can to not have to fly. My husband is in the military and very fit. He wants to go hiking and do other things and I want to do those things with him but am afraid too. Life is so short though and I want to enjoy every minute with him so I need to get myself in a better place for our next 25 + years to follow the 27 we have already been through together. So I am back on MyFitnessPal and joined Planet Fitness. I need to get over my embarrassment of doing things in front of people I don't know and get at least 60 pounds off. Wish me luck! Blessings to everyone!

Replies

• SAHM247
    SAHM247 Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Good luck with everything I know how you can feel embarrassed at the gym I used to until I realized no one should feel embarrassed when they are trying to better themselves. Now i try every machine and if I don't understand how to use it I look for the directions or sometimes I even ask for help and everyone is usually so helpful and nice. I have about 50 pounds to lose and my husband is also very fit as he needs to be working in law enforcement. Tell your husband thank you for his service and thank you for being by his side I know that can't always be easy.
  • dawnmm89
    dawnmm89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you SAHM247 and I will tell my husband. Please thank your husband as well. I appreciate him working to protect all of us. It can't be easy when he goes out the door every day. We have signs outside our home showing that we back the blue and appreciate their service to our community.