Who wants to run in a Spartan race

Options
My whole weight loss journey was started by wanting to run a spartan race. There's a sprint in Chicago in June/July. I do daily burpees, daily push ups, and run a few times a week. I was thinking maybe there were a few ppl who wanted to join the fun in Chicago. I'm in it whether there's a team or not. It's out there, so let's see who's up for a challenge. No commitment needed yet, but if you're for sure...let's get it!!#

Replies

• Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    In the actual city or somewhere else in the area? I didn't think one was actually coming to Chicago. I've been planning to try to do a Spartan sprint this year, too.
  • Jorggeeeee90
    Jorggeeeee90 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Don't stay in the Chicago area but i wish you all the best.
  • novio50
    novio50 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    No, it's somewhere in the middle of nowhere. i'm not sure where, they haven't announced it yet. I'll check the site again. I'm out here getting ready.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Best of luck!
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Run, Burpee and pick up heavy things that's all you need for training. My 2014 Spartan SPrint Race changed my life or I should say kicked my *kitten* ...I went in thinking I was in ok shape I was not but it got me set on a path of health and fitness if I lived out there I'd join ya but I don't :( I am going for my Trifecta in 2016 ...AROO AROO AROO!!!!
  • biggins8301
    biggins8301 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Looking to possibly run my first one in philly this year... Have a few other things on my list to
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I'd get hurt - I have friends that are dying to do this and want me on their team ...
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Looking to possibly run my first one in philly this year... Have a few other things on my list to
    the stadium one? I'm signed up for that one. ran the last one back in November.

• biggins8301
    Options
    Yes the stadium one... !!
  • biggins8301
    Options
    I'm afraid I'd get hurt - I have friends that are dying to do this and want me on their team ...

Can't have that attitude.. You will do great, it's not about time it's about pushing yourself
  • time2cutnow
    time2cutnow Posts: 150 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I did one. I'm not a fan of them. They're not to be taken too seriously as most people cheat during them.
  • nickifitz3
    nickifitz3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Did the stadium last year, looking to do it again this year!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    I did one. I'm not a fan of them. They're not to be taken too seriously as most people cheat during them.
    they only cheat themselves. I couldn't care less if they cheat. I look at it as me vs. the obstacles. If I get burpees (stupid spear throw that just bounced off)...I do them.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    nickifitz3 wrote: »
    it's in September this year. forget the date off the top of my head.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Citizens Bank Sprint=Sept. 24 2016.

• GUARDiAN_GUiLD
    GUARDiAN_GUiLD Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'll be there but I'm gonna be starting at the finish line and running the opposite direction, based on my knowledge of the historically-accurate movie titled "300," which by the way, would have only lasted about 17 minutes if they cut out half of the slow-motion stuff.

I would be on the enemy's side, for sure.
  • nickifitz3
    nickifitz3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Awesome! Thank you
  • gam3rguy
    Options

Awesome! Thank you
    you're welcome.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    novio50 wrote: »
    No, it's somewhere in the middle of nowhere. i'm not sure where, they haven't announced it yet. I'll check the site again. I'm out here getting ready.

I see one in Richmond, IL -- is that it?
  • novio50
    novio50 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    It mite be, never done it. I also have looked at tuff mudder & battle frog. But definitely the spartan in June. I'm still trying to get a team together. I haven't found anybody at work, but I want to team up with serious ppl.