well, the scale said 131 this a.m. so I am adding it back on

Options
my ticker. Maybe I shouldn't change it if it's going to fluctuate. Do you gals all keep the ticker exactly where the scales say or do you wait to see if it's just a slight flux???

Love to all, denise:)

Replies

• NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    my ticker. Maybe I shouldn't change it if it's going to fluctuate. Do you gals all keep the ticker exactly where the scales say or do you wait to see if it's just a slight flux???

Love to all, denise:)
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I do NOT allow my ticker to go back up.

If the scale shows a gain, I just say to my body 'This is completely unacceptable. Do you see this ticker? Its not moving, so you had better!' :angry:

Do whatever works for you. :flowerforyou: For me, it makes me work harder if my ticker doesn't match my scale.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    this might be wrong but I never change my ticker up. I only change it when it goes down. Unless its a big up then I have to change it.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I only change it back up if I put more than a couple of pounds on, but I find I'm usually back on track within a couple of days anyway :flowerforyou:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I've done both... but found that; like the others, I usually am back to the lower weight or lose even more within less than a week. I didn't change mine over holidays (thought I gained 2 lbs) turned out it was water weight and within the week it was gone and I was back to my pre-holiday weight.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I don't have a ticker because I am trying to maintain. But if I did I would not change it all the time. My weight is up and down by a few pounds on any given day. I'd go crazy if I thought about it!
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    I changed my ticker this last time and I wouldn't recommend it. It makes me sad to see 14 instead of the 15 I had worked hard to achieve.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, I know, I know, everyone says not to, but I do, because it doesn't drive me crazy. I'd prefer to know my ups and downs than to weigh once a week or month and not know if it's a high day. I tried not weighing everyday for a week or so, and that drove me bonkers.

That being said, I do log whatever I weigh most days, and if it changes my ticker up, it changes it up. If it's only a pound or so, I don't worry so much because I figure it's water.... But between Christmas and New Years it was a big jump, and it did inspire me to work harder to bring it back down.