How to track step calories burned in MFP

Options
Dweighs
Dweighs Posts: 5 Member
Hi,
What is the best way to track calories burned by steps counted in a device that doesn't sync with MFP (Samsung Gear)? Should I set my exercise level to sedentary and then add in all of the calories burned / counted on my tracker to get to a semi accurate net calories number? Thx.

Replies

• DivaMimi62
    DivaMimi62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's how I would do it. I have a Fitbit HR though and it tracks for me.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Your plan sounds like the best way to go at it. Give it a shot and if it isn't working after a few weeks (maybe its overestimating calories burned or something) then reevaluate. I do sync my Fitbit with MFP, but I try not to focus on the calories burned over the day too much when eating and making sure I'm within my calorie goal. I usually only eat back extra calories that I burned through exercise other than just walking around on any given day. For example I ran a few miles last night, and ate back some of those calories because I was hungrier. I won't have time to exercise tonight after work, so I won't plan on eating back any of the calories I earned through the steps tracked on my Fitbit today.
  • Dweighs
    Options
    Thanks
  • Dweighs
    Options
    Thanks.

I'm losing right now staying focused on my calories and macros. Trying to increase protein to 35% of my intake Elle reducing carbs some. Maybe I will take an average days exercise calories burned and add anything over that daily?

Thanks again.