Trying again. Hoping to stick with it. Looking for support :)

Options
Hi. I'm 25 and have somehow gained about 25 pounds over the last year while trying to lose weight and get on the right track. I used MFP before but didn't keep up with it enough. It's so hard when I make my meals and have to log each ingredient. Anyone have tips for making that easier? Also, I'm looking for tips on "emotional eating" and eating food "just because it's there/delicious".
My goal is to lose 40 pounds. I'm working full time and going to school part time, which makes for less time for meal prep (props to parents who do the same and more!). I hope this round is more successful!

Replies

• jodie5277
    jodie5277 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome back... You can get all the motivation you need right here on MFP. add me and we can help each other get to our goals..
  • BobbyZonum
    BobbyZonum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I'm new as well so don't know yet but add me so we can learn at the same time
  • blueaerial
    blueaerial Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    What's important is that your trying to get it together because it def hard. Emotional eating and eating because your bored is a pretty hard habit to break and the best way in my opinion is consistency and and will power. Keep some healthier snacks around for when you feel that urge to much on something and maybe prepare meals ahead of time like the day before so your not in such a big hurry. You can pop it in the microwave and go lol. Myfitnesspal usually has a lot of healthy and quick recipes that pop up from time to time so I'm sure that will help. If you want a friend add me good luck!!
  • CoachKimberlyHHF
    CoachKimberlyHHF Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the support and tips! I'll try to add you. I'm not 100% sure how. Ha :)