Beets

Options
2»

Replies

• cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Beets and goat cheese <3<3<3<3<3

This. Yes, so much of this! It is one of my favorites. Add some walnuts and I am in heaven!
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Beet and goat cheese salad with pecans

and cherry balsamic vinegar. <drool>
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    This I already know. I'm worried about my self control with pickled beets. Even chocolate doesn't tempt me so bad!

I hear ya! Pickled beets has a been a favorite treat of mine since I was a child.

I recently discovered how delicious beets are raw. Unlike many other vegetables they are sweeter when raw than when cooked. I love to snack on them or put them in salads and slaws.

Yes grated raw beets are so yummy!!!
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    9r6lxcz7bkz2.jpeg

I'm pickling roasted beets as we speak!!! Fresh picked from my garden.......soooooo yummy!!!

I am jealous.

That's the last for this crop and we are planting again :smile: need enough to get us through the cooler months!
    Going to try making beetroot relish next time
  • ItsGoodToHaveGoals
    ItsGoodToHaveGoals Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Roasted beets drizzled w/ balsamic vinegar while still warm...
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I love raw beets in a smoothie as well
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    i like cooking them roasted best, followed closely by water oven (185 @ 2 hours.) I think more nutrients are retained in the latter.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Never was a fan. Growing up all I had access to were pickled canned beets. I avoided them. Then, I went to dinner at my wife's grandmothers house. She served fresh, roasted beets. Right out of her garden. One of the best things I have ever eaten. Now they are a must have.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Go technicolor....
    • BEETS #purplepooprules
    • B16, cuz nothing says healthy more than Neon Dayglo urine
      and to spice things up
    • Asparagus, why not enjoy it coming and going
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Harvard beets rock
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Apparently, beets, as well as beet greens, are super-duper good for you. I think roasted beets are tasty as hell. My wife makes a salad (which we are eating tonight) consisiting of raw kale and/or spring mix, dried blueberries (fresh are good, too), roasted beets, goat cheese and avocado (throw whatever else you want on there). That made with my amazing, garlic-y balsamic vinaigrette... I beg for this. So stinking good.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Purple poop--beautiful.
  • fittyinthemaking
    fittyinthemaking Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    YES! anything pickled!