Darn you Laffy taffy!

Options
So my lovely little sister- who knows I love laffy taffy made me a really genuinely nice gesture and got me some laffy taffy- 3 POUNDS OF IT! She is such a sweet girl and knows I really love it but the problem is I cannot stop eating it. and my fiance loves it so I cant toss it but I can't have it in the house!! What do I do!!??? I know I need to have more will power but I just CANNOT SAY NO!!!! it is going to be the death of me!

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself a few pieces at a time and make sure you have the calories for it in your daily allowance.

You just made me laugh because I haven't thought about Laffy Taffy in a long time! In high school, we used to read the jokes "Jeopardy style" where you tell the punchline and everyone guesses a question. Such a fun memory...
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    If there's candy or chips in the house I'm a goner.
    My bf had some chips in the kitchen for a little while and after a couple days of failure with my self control, I asked him to take them with him to work and leave them there.
    Or you could ask him to keep them in the car or something. Just someplace where you don't have to see them or think about them. Even if he just hides them somewhere in the house that you don't know about.
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    maybe your fiance can put it in a safe place? taking only a couple out each day? lol
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    well i am a shorty and my husband is tall, so he puts it on the top shelf and makes sure all the healthy stuff is in site. after awhile i forget about it. but yea a piece or two wont hurt.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    So my lovely little sister- who knows I love laffy taffy made me a really genuinely nice gesture and got me some laffy taffy- 3 POUNDS OF IT! She is such a sweet girl and knows I really love it but the problem is I cannot stop eating it. and my fiance loves it so I cant toss it but I can't have it in the house!! What do I do!!??? I know I need to have more will power but I just CANNOT SAY NO!!!! it is going to be the death of me!

Eat it today until you can't eat any more. Then ask your fiance to hide it for himself or give it away. That's what I do anyway haha
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain my grandmother bought my little girl a box of Crunch N' Munch and I ate the whole thing!!!!:grumble:
  • gaeljo
    gaeljo Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Toss it in the trash is the dollar value with it? In otherwords if it costs 5.00 but u gain 3 pounds is it worth it? Would you pay 5.00 to lose 3 pounds? Probably so trash it.
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the ideas!! argh! Mr. Metabolism can eat all the laffy taffy he wants but not me Mrs. Thunder Thighs!!!
  • Debkam
    Debkam Posts: 80
    Options
    *GASP* Put a note on the bag indicating the amount of calories 3 lbs of laffy taffy has. Then under that the number of hours it would require to burn it off. And if needed put on that paper how many pounds you've lost so far. Do you really want to start over?

I remember loving laffy taffy and rock candy as a kid!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Whenever i get stuff i pull it out and enjoy it with other people. I still have candy from Christmas unopened sitting in my cupboard. Also regifting is fun. You can also tell the hubby to get his fill today because it its going at the end of the day.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I'm the horrible jerk that throws that stuff out.
  • daisymaegreen
    daisymaegreen Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    on my lunch break, i used to get suckered into a little shop that sold laffy taffy! i thought, what the heck, they're small....besides giving me cavities...i'm sure they helped put on my last 5 pounds. darn you laffy taffy!
  • unaffected
    unaffected Posts: 154
    Options
    I also love Laffy Taffy! But, if someone gave me some, regardless of my hubby's attachment, I'd have to chuck it or give it away. Being in the house with me would be wayyyy too tempting and I would eat it all in a couple sittings :/
  • daisymaegreen
    daisymaegreen Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Eat it today until you can't eat any more. Then ask your fiance to hide it for himself or give it away. That's what I do anyway haha

haha. this was my method as well! now i try to throw things away BEFORE i make myself sick on them. but man, it's hard.
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    A question for you....is eating laffy taffy going to get you to 112??? I doubt it. Make the choices that will get you to your goal. Do right by yourself.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'd have a couple of pieces (within my calorie limit), then give the rest away - take it to the office or something. I'd let your sister know that you really liked her gift, and that it was very sweet and thoughtful, but now that you're trying to improve your health, you would rather she come with a bag full of apples the next time! ;)
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Toss it in the trash is the dollar value with it? In otherwords if it costs 5.00 but u gain 3 pounds is it worth it? Would you pay 5.00 to lose 3 pounds? Probably so trash it.

i agree. Trash it. I control all of the food that comes into my house(live with my hubby and a 12 year old) and nobody complains. They know how hard I worked to lose weight and they also know if the want a treat once in a while they can ask and I will get it as long as they eat it all and I don't have to tiptoe around it for days.