Day 3 for 560+ lb Guy

Options
Alright! Started Monday after way too long - 6'5" 560+lbs - Good First Three days. Need to get motivated to exercise but this cold and ice makes it tough to get outside. Changing the way I eat hasn't been hard yet. Skipping the Fast Food is going to save me a lot of money that I can roll into healthier lifestyle things. Gym Membership... Healthy Food.... Etc etc. Can't put a dollar amount on getting healthy. Gotta stick around here for me and my family!!

Replies

• smittie684
    smittie684 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Good job, keep it up! I joined Daily Burn last winter when I didn't want to go outside to get to the gym - it helped on my low motivation days!
  • angelfrog87
    angelfrog87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In my first week to loose over 100 and motivation is hard. I keep trying to remind myself the why's of what I am doing. Each step I take on my walk gets me a step closer to being able to run and play with my grandchildren. I try not to let myself ponder on the pain. Also, malls are great for winter walking, open early even for walkers in a lot of places.
  • 9bars
    9bars Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you climbingup, I lost a lot of weight a couple of years ago, the health benefits were more than I ever imagined. Do update how you're getting on x
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Great outlook! You will get there, day by day. Step by step.
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    You go boy! Use that money you save not buying fast food and invest it in some workout DVD's. That way you can stay active indoors on cold days.
  • Coleen312
    Coleen312 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you! The first step is actually admitting that you need to make a change. You've begun. Don't look back. Wanting to be here and healthy for your family is a huge thing. I hope you will keep us posted on your progress.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You can do it, one day at a time :)

As for exercise just walk. Start small, day 1 walk up and down the room 10 times, day 2 11 times. Baby steps make it more achievable and allow your body to adjust.
    If you'd like to try lifting you can just start with 2ltr soda bottles etc. Do as many reps as you can, 2 days later try to do 1 more.

Good luck and plese up date with how you are getting on x
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You can do it, one day at a time :)

As for exercise just walk. Start small, day 1 walk up and down the room 10 times, day 2 11 times. Baby steps make it more achievable and allow your body to adjust.
    If you'd like to try lifting you can just start with 2ltr soda bottles etc. Do as many reps as you can, 2 days later try to do 1 more.

Good luck and plese up date with how you are getting on x

^ This.

The most important thing is keeping after it. When you have the inevitable "fail" day, it's only one day..go back to the plan the next day. You only "fail" when you let one setback determine you're going to give up entirely. Good luck and keep checking in.

Another good baby step is parking farther from the door everywhere you go. Even if you only add 20-30 steps and make three stops in a day X 7 days = 420 to 630 extra steps a week x 4= between 1280 and 2520 extra steps a month. It all adds up and after you do it for awhile you don't even have to "make yourself" park farther away...you just do it naturally.
  • climbingup
    climbingup Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good Stuff! Thanks Everyone.
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Options
    I agree that little changes add up. Little things like swapping whole grain bread for white bread, brown rice for white rice, baked chicken for fried chicken, and so on. Cutting back on soda or cutting it out helps, too. I like to look thru my friends food diaries to get ideas, the members here have some great ideas. Feel free to add me as a friend. Keep up the good work! Best of Luck!
  • PhillyDDT
    PhillyDDT Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's a marathon, not a race. Good luck!
  • Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong
    Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong Posts: 230 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    :)
  • M3ltD0Vvn
    M3ltD0Vvn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Stick to it. Slow and steady. You didnt wake up over weight, and you wont wake up lean - baby steps there.

I'm 40+, have about 88 lbs to lose to be back to my game weight. Hit me up if you want another friend.

\m/
  • buff_daddy
    buff_daddy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Remember the hardest part is the diet, and calorie deficit is king, macro nutrients are queen. Stay strong and I recommend finding your daily maintenance calories and staring there. Slowly start deducting calories even if it's only 5 less calories. Good luck my man
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes you can't put a price tag on your health !!! I know people tend to pick on it because of the pizza thing but Planet fitness is cheap and don't forget that sometimes health insurances will reimburse you too . Also there's a ton of stuff on you tube for workouts (if you have space to workout at home I do not ) So glad that youre hanging in there tough!!!
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,129 Member
    Options
    Best of luck, man. You can do it. You gotta good attitude and that is really important.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Anything you do is better than doing nothing. I wasn't quite as big as you, but I started at almost 400lbs... its tough at first, but it gets easier once you get into a groove and start feeling better. You will feel so good that you will want to work out, and you wont want to go back to how you were before.
  • ChrisRendon1128
    ChrisRendon1128 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey!!! You've made a huge step in the right direction. Also, having MFP as a weight loss tool is one of the best things everrr... It has helped me lose almost 60 lbs. thus far. I still have 60 more to go. Keep logging in and add friends to your MFP and you'll see how the support helps immensely.
  • mcook100
    mcook100 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Stay Positive, Your doing great it is never easy. If I had a nickel for every time I've tried to lose weight I'd be a millionaire, What matters is we keep trying to be the best we can be.
  • Remoth
    Remoth Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You're doing great bud! Keep it up and you'll see the pounds slowly coming off. You can do it!