Wanting to say hello to everyone

Options
I have discovered that when I say "Diet" my body says no. So, my heart doctor told me just eat what your body is supposed to eat. Low sodium, butter, oils and eat tons of veggies and fruit. So I am. 1st week of going to the gym, lost 5 pounds and I want to keep that up. I push myself because I really don't want to have that 3rd heart attack. Life is too short anyways so I'm kicking the old food lifestyle out and changing to a new, better me. I hope that each of you keep your heads up... I know it is tuff. Everywhere you look... food that is not good for us... but I have a photo of a body I want to have and I keep that on the refrig... It helps! LOL Thanks for letting me join this amazing group!

Replies

• Doc0862
    Doc0862 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Rock on brother I'm in the same boat as you it sounds like. I found that just thinking about the numbers (calories, grams, percents and such) has produced tremendous results in myself. I just do the math and eat what makes sense. For example a single peanut is 6 calories. 10 peanuts is 60 calories. 10 peanuts is nothing! I like to eat so hey I can eat a very large garden salad for the same 60 calories and it is good for me! WA LAA! it is like somebody flipped a light switch for me and I am all into this math method I've discovered. I wish you much success and support!!
  • JenGP83
    JenGP83 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome! And the best of luck and good vibes always to you! I have a hard time saying NO to the bad foods that we aren't supposed to eat. But they are so darn good, especially good ole southern food. I wish you luck and success on your journey! We got this!
  • 4bugsmama
    4bugsmama Posts: 2,871 Member
    Options
    I have discovered that when I say "Diet" my body says no. So, my heart doctor told me just eat what your body is supposed to eat. Low sodium, butter, oils and eat tons of veggies and fruit. So I am. 1st week of going to the gym, lost 5 pounds and I want to keep that up. I push myself because I really don't want to have that 3rd heart attack. Life is too short anyways so I'm kicking the old food lifestyle out and changing to a new, better me. I hope that each of you keep your heads up... I know it is tuff. Everywhere you look... food that is not good for us... but I have a photo of a body I want to have and I keep that on the refrig... It helps! LOL Thanks for letting me join this amazing group!

Welcome and best of luck! You're making wonderful changes and that will result in some great results. I have a pic of myself when I was more fit and I keep that in the kitchen too - but mine is in the 'snack' cabinet. Looking at myself at a time when I looked more healthy helps me steer clear of the bag of chips LOL Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other on our journeys!
  • barkleyjeffl
    barkleyjeffl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm excited and can't wait to get to the gym each day... It's crazy how good I feel! And I've only been going for right at 2 weeks!