cant seem to get motivated

Options
I was doing so good but like they say once you stop its so much harder to start back up again

Replies

• mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I was doing so good but like they say once you stop its so much harder to start back up again
  • kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    I completely understand! I started going to the gym with a girlfriend and she stopped going to do turbo jam at home. It is sooo much harder for me to go now. I want to go but I have to go at night when my girls are asleep so my husband doesn't have to watch them too much and by the time 10:00 comes around I am ready to go to bed. And then I convince myself that I can do the exact same things I would do at the gym at home but in reality I can't. So I understand where you are at!
  • 1hotmama
    Options
    well, mrsyac2, it's like your quote says, we just need to get rid of the excuses. I'm lucky enough to have my husband pulling me to go to the gym with him, but when I do my cardio days by myself, it's hard to get going. Try doing it first thing in the morning so you don't keep putting it off (like I do), schedule it in your calendar, that might help. Just think what you want more, to do what you're doing or do something about your body. I once heard that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. I kept hoping to get thinner, but never did anything about it, I was insane. Now I'm doing something and am getting results.

Keep at it, I know you can do it!
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    well, mrsyac2, it's like your quote says, we just need to get rid of the excuses. I'm lucky enough to have my husband pulling me to go to the gym with him, but when I do my cardio days by myself, it's hard to get going. Try doing it first thing in the morning so you don't keep putting it off (like I do), schedule it in your calendar, that might help. Just think what you want more, to do what you're doing or do something about your body. I once heard that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. I kept hoping to get thinner, but never did anything about it, I was insane. Now I'm doing something and am getting results.

Keep at it, I know you can do it!

I would love to be able to workout in the mornings but I can't even get myself to work on time because I constantly over sleep. I know its sad but thats how its been since I was a kid in elementary school
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    Some simple efforts can help as well. Try adding some light work in the evenings such as some simple yoga moves. Here's an article I just found that you could fit in as an added filler, or as a help in relaxing before going to sleep.

Also, there's a lot to be said about once waking up doing some time exercising - stepping up and down on a step (aerobics like) for 2 mins, knee lifts on that steps for 2 mins, then squats or lunges for 2 mins (my 2-2-2), can really get you going in the A.M.

Keep looking to this forum for motivation as there's a lot of folks who are just great at encouraging one another. Cheers!
    Coach
  • Coach2010
    Options
    Whoops! Forgot the link: http://www.fityoga.com/html/october2006.htm

:laugh:
  • mrsyac2
    Options
    I worked out last night- one day at a time I have to work out tonight again
  • Coach2010
    Options
    Way to go! I worked out this Morning too!

The key word to focus on is "Yet." Keep focused and committed to your goal, as your not there..."Yet," but you are going to get there.