Cottage Cheese and hummus at midnight

Options
Anyone cheat a little at midnight with cottage cheese ?

Replies

• vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    no but cottage cheese and hummus sound great anytime=)
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    If you are waking up at midnight hungry, you might not be getting enough calories for the day. Your body might be trying to talk to you.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    No, I definitely don't think my body needs food in the middle of the night.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Naw I'm married to cottage cheese. I cheat with full-fat yogurt.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Divorce court.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    I don't go to bed until about 3am so I usually keep a few calories in reserve for a late late supper around midnight.

If you are getting up for a snack,I would definitely look at how I am spreading my calories during the day. Maybe save 100-200 for a bigger dinner or a small supper before bed.

Cheers, h.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    If you want to eat at night, as long as it fits in your calories it's not a problem :3 if I get to midnight or 1 and I start feeling hungry or sick I usually have a snack.
  • diwemple
    diwemple Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I eat dinner and two desserts between 7:00-11:00 so I don't usually go back for...cottage cheese. Oreos or a dip into the powdered pb with a wet spoon maybe.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I am always up for a little cottage cheese play!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    nj2121 wrote: »
    Anyone cheat a little at midnight with cottage cheese ?

Why is that cheating?

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    That's a very specific question.
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I am sleep, so food is not on my mind.
  • nj2121
    nj2121 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Let me clarify. I get off work at 11pm. Go to the gym. Get home and eat like cottage cheese/ hummus . I feel like it's cheating
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Nothing cheating about it if you have calories to spare. If you don't, at least it's more nutritious than the GIANT BROWNIE I'd probably shove into my mouth if I finished working out at the end of a very long day.
  • nj2121
    Options
    That's what I thought. I find myself having like 800-900 calories left at night.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    nj2121 wrote: »
    Let me clarify. I get off work at 11pm. Go to the gym. Get home and eat like cottage cheese/ hummus . I feel like it's cheating

Not at all. My work day ends at 6, therefore midnight has a different meaning for me than it does for you. What time do you go to sleep?
  • nj2121
    Options
    Like 1am - 2 the latest
  • nj2121
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I get my workout ( weights ) in before work at home. Then I head to work.-3pm to 11pm After work I hit the gym for a walk on the treadmill for a 30 min mile and a half walk. Then I have a bowl of cottage cheese and hummus before bed. I usually ha e reserve calories left. Like around 800-900 to spare . I'm trying to get down to 220. I'm 270 but I'm really tall 6'3
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Not cheating at all. Eating timing is irrelevant, and if you have the calories you should be eating them.