Strong Start - 108 kg (238 lb) 40 kg (88 lb) (pics)

Options
For me the journey to a healthier lifestyle began at a very desperate chapter of my life - I always was chunkier than my peers in high school, however it wasn't until I met a boy who would turn out to be the worst decision of my life did I pile on weight without even noticing.

A few years after the inevitable breakup and many years of refusing to weigh myself I finally decided enough was enough - I bought a set of scales and hopped on for the first time in 5 years!
I knew I was heavy but I was absolutely devastated when the scales showed up at 108 kilos! This was the shock I needed - I was wearing size 18/20 (AUS) clothes, I was aggressive, sad and had no goals.

On the 15th January 2013 I gave up smoking (I was smoking a packet a day) and then decided to give a meal replacement shake diet a chance to break some very bad and unhealthy habits. I don't agree with following this long term, however it did give me some quick results that made me extremely motivated!
A work college encouraged me to attend a "boot camp" with her (self run) we did this for months driving 30 min to the beach at 5 am Saturday and Sundays. Within 5 months I had lost 10 kg and was finally no longer seeing 3 digits on the scales.

Then I found MFP and this was a serious game changer! I followed a diet with a -500 deficiency and increased my workouts to weights 4 times a week and cardio on alternative days. The results were astounding and the addiction was real - my goal weight was 70 kg which I hit nearly 2 years after starting this journey.

Still not satisfied I vowed to hit 40kg lost before my 25th Birthday in May - and when I got on the scales that morning SUCCESS!

I don't have this health and fitness thing all worked out yet but I am continually learning and surprising myself and looking for motivational people - I really hope that even if one person finds this motivating this post was worth it!

I recently slowed down and gave myself some breathing space to enjoy my success, but I have now developed new goals - hit 62 kg and be the strongest and fittest version of myself I can be!

mjybqcmfs6do.jpg

Replies

• Schila64
    Schila64 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Amazing...congrats
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    Strong first post! Nice work!
  • hrayala
    hrayala Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
  • laurenbowen2904
    laurenbowen2904 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Way to go
  • smileytree222
    smileytree222 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    How do I set a -500 calorie deficit? I'm confused about this.
  • madube84
    madube84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • saraghali
    saraghali Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Amazing congrats. How tall are you?
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

but I have now developed new goals - hit 62 kg and be the strongest and fittest version of myself I can be!

You have done amazingly!!!!

Good luck as you continue. Also, know that the scale isn't everything and that the strongest and fittest version of you may not weigh 62kg, she may even weigh your current 68kg, but with different fat/muscle composition.
  • kingvix
    kingvix Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow well done! You look great
  • Linseymout
    Linseymout Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!!!! Well done!
  • alynxx2016
    alynxx2016 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow that's fantastic! Such an inspiration.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Your hard work shows! You look absolutely amazing!
    How do I set a -500 calorie deficit? I'm confused about this.

Set your goal to lose 1 pound a week, that's a -500 calorie deficit.
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Wow girl you have come so far congrats on your journey you deserve this
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation and dedication....very well done! :)
  • howardj06
    howardj06 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing results you look younger healthier happier and hotter ! Haha
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look lovely! Can tell this was pure hard work.
  • dandes
    dandes Posts: 69 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Fabulous results! Way to go on setting your next goal! I'd love to be your mfp friend! You're inspiring!

• determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    you look awesome, congratulations!!! :)
  • palomapavlova
    palomapavlova Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look incredible and I can only imagine how good you feel!
  • MissT895
    MissT895 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So amazing and inspirational
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!