DDP Yoga

Options
Anyone tried this? What are your thought? I've done PIYO and that started getting too easy. It doesn't feel like I'm working out anymore so I wanted to try something else.

Replies

• downa100
    downa100 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    The workout program is excellent. I just kind of rolled my eyes at the meal plan and ignored that aspect of the program. I haven't done PIYO, so I can't directly compare the two. DDP Yoga scales well, so it should remain challenging for quite some time (unless PIYO features more slow push-ups, burpee-type movements and possibly headstands than I'd guess.
  • downa100
    Options
    Does it have a lot or any jumping? Piyo dose have some workouts with full burpees. It's mainly a low impact high intensity mix of Pilates and yoga
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    There's some minor jumping, but it's hardly noteworthy. DDP Yoga is more about time under tension. It borrows elements from a lot of things, yoga and pilates included. It can get rather heavy in the bodyweight strength department. He really likes slow count push-ups, for example. I lacked the space and coordination (and core strength) to achieve some of the more extreme positions. It's a good combination of things, but I can't imagine that any program that tries to do a little of everything is going to make a person particularly strong at any aspect of it. I still wound up joining a gym and taking up lifting with a little running on the side. DDP Yoga did do wonders for a serious ankle problem I had/have.
  • downa100
    Options
    I wish I can join the gym but with three little ones it's impossible! That's why I'm trying to find something useful I can do from home. I downloaded the app that has some free videos. I'll give it a shot tomorrow see how it goes. Thank you for the input and your time. Much appreciated