saggy skin from c section

I'm finally losin weight but I no once I've lost it I'll be left with a floppy saggy belly. Other than surgery wt else can I do to tighten the skin. P.S last c section was 9 n half yrs ago.

Replies

• robburry_85
    robburry_85 Posts: 91 Member
    Sit ups , the plank challenge there is an app for this give it a go .
  • sadyia15
    sadyia15 Posts: 76 Member
    I'm doin sit ups n tried the plank omg.
    Jus dnt want to b left with loose skin once I reach my target weight.
  • rachfking
    rachfking Posts: 40 Member
    No amount of exercise will get rid of saggy skin I'm afraid. Shape wear is the answer (I had 2 c-sections).
  • justinkeeton0013
    justinkeeton0013 Posts: 19 Member
    OMG. I have that from 3 babies so I know the struggle. Sadly the skin wont completely firm up (3 pounds till my goal) but eventually youll be the only one to notice. I see mine when I lay on my side or when I twist in a bikini but my husband says he cant see what im talking about lol. Just keep up the hard work. good luck.
  • sadyia15
    :'( oh well the joys of motherhood. I've had 3 c sections but really regret nt doin anything sooner instead I let myself go n piled on the weight. N now I'm getting a flap where my big belly use to be. I guess as long as I can wear clothes n not see the saggyness I'll be happy. No one needs to no wts under there lol. Sshhhhh
  • sadyia15
    @justinkeeton0013 well done for getting so close to ur goal. Cnt wait fr that to happen to me
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,178 Member
    After 9 years, not much. You can lose the weight and exercise and it will help you look more in shape, but it will not do miracles for the excess skin after all this time. However, losing the tummy fat will for sure help with appearance. Loose skin especially caused by c-sections is so low that it is easy to hide.
  • chrysalis2015
    chrysalis2015 Posts: 212 Member
    Yeah, unfortunately it's the gift that keeps giving. Other than surgery, we pretty much get to live with it. I have a friend who got down to a size 2 and her now ex-husband loved to point out how she had a pooch especially with her clothing off (he was obese).

You just have to look at your kids, feel it's worth it, lose the weight for all the other health issues, and maybe you'll get lucky and it'll eventually remodel and go down. If there's an issue with infection of the scar, see your doctor - at that point it's a health issue and some insurance companies will cover having plastic surgery to remove the excess skin. They do want you around goal weight by then, though.

:)
  • sadyia15
    Thing is I had one c section after the other had a baby every yr 2004,2005,2006.
    Nva dne natural all emergencies. But yh my kids are my life but wen they say I hve a belly like father Xmas I think u cheeky monkies. I am comfy with my body but u no wen u see that perfect top or dress and think I could wear that if I didn't hve the flab. Feel like I'm missing out or something
  • Ponnamma
    Ponnamma Posts: 1 Member
    Hey Sadyia15, I had 4 C-sections and carry a lot of loose skin! I am looking forward to loosing 20 pounds this year! I would like to connect with u
  • cairoqueen27
    cairoqueen27 Posts: 26 Member
    I went to the Dr regarding my overhang belly skin after emergency c-section in 1985 as I was constantly being asked when my baby was due it was that noticeable - he wasn't at all sympathetic to how it made me feel and simply sent me away. Subsequently I gave up trying to exercise it away and began to eat more and more and soon realised that when I was overweight the comments about pregnancy stopped. So for too many wasted years I have been obese to hide that skin. I considered surgery as an option but knew my Dr wouldn't help me. and I couldn't afford to pay privately for surgery either. Years have passed and I still have issues about my belly. I'd suggest talking about it with a Dr and those people close to you to get some perspective on the situation - don't wait 30yrs like me
  • justinkeeton0013
    justinkeeton0013 Posts: 19 Member
    It has definitely been a long time coming lol 3 kids in 3 years and I gained the weight for each pregnancy without being able to drop the weight from the one before. It is a struggle and it is harder some days but y'all can do it. One day at a time. Im still working on gaining back the muscle Ive lost
  • imamomwifedaughter
    imamomwifedaughter Posts: 26 Member
    rachfking wrote: »
    No amount of exercise will get rid of saggy skin I'm afraid. Shape wear is the answer (I had 2 c-sections).