New Direction weight loss plan

Options
Hi
I'm starting this new plan after years without much success. Really want to make it work. Any words of wisdom? Success? Thanks

Replies

• FredHunter
    FredHunter Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Get yourself on a set routine to keep you going on a regular basis & just watch what u eat. To me this app helps with that a lot
  • laumom2
    laumom2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Do u use New Direction
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    laumom2 wrote: »
    Thanks. Do u use New Direction

Medically supervised (very low calorie).....shakes & whatnot.......nope.

Calories in - calories out in my weight loss "plan." I eat regular food and log my portions. I move more too. This type of "plan" should help me maintain my weight (when I get there). Lifestyle changes.....not temporary diets for me.

Hopefully New Direction addresses transition to real food. Good luck!
  • laumom2
    laumom2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try. I need a quick loss to get me motivated so I can stay the course.
  • mhmatzke
    mhmatzke Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello... started ND direction 2 months ago. I lost a quick 6 lbs, but traveling, training at work, wedding and parties lead to cheating and I've stayed stagnant (as of my weigh in on Monday). As of yesterday, I've restarted and will do the diet as intended.
    Note - as a family, earlier this year we changed our diets and included more exercise (I'm tracking about 5 miles daily), but my weight hasn't changed. I am looking at ND as a jump start - as well as a short-term, doctor monitored detox. Good luck on your journey. IF you'd like to friend me, please do.
  • jultut
    jultut Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    laumom2 and/or mhmatzke: Are you still on the new direction program? How are you doing on it? I started back in July, and in less than three months I am down over 50 lbs. I'd like to lose at least 50 lbs more to be within a "healthy" weight range for my height before I transition off of the meal replacement products and start bringing back in regular foods. I've had days/weeks where, due to work circumstances or other events, I haven't been able to use all or any of the products, but by using My Fitness Pal I strive to keep my intake of "off product" food within the same, low, daily carb, calorie, and fat levels as the program. It was either this program or GB surgery for me, so I'm SO glad that I tried new direction first! The limited choice of products can get monotonous so I've bought a few things other bariatric foods online within the same calorie, carb, fat ranges to have a least a bit more variety without it being cheating.
  • rogerhamm
    rogerhamm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started the new direction diet 10/9/2015 and I have so far lost 17 pounds. It's not easy, but if you stick with it it works!! I have not cheated so far.

• DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am on New Directions but I am not digging these shakes. I'm only in my first week. I'm going to try the pudding next week. I do get a meal of meat and veggies every day so that is keeping me sane!
  • supawoman74
    supawoman74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started on 11/13/15 on the LCD plan - 3 meal replacements and 1 meal per day. I've not been perfect on following the plan but down 29 pounds so far.
  • tsunamimom
    tsunamimom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am on New Directions but I am not digging these shakes. I'm only in my first week. I'm going to try the pudding next week. I do get a meal of meat and veggies every day so that is keeping me sane!

How did you get on with the pudding? I like the lemon, it's decent, but the chocolate was rank. :P I've been on the VLCD for 3 weeks and have lost 8lbs which I'm thrilled about. I know it doesn't seem like a lot for such a drastic diet but this is the first weight loss program that's worked for years.
    I've tried the diet and exercise route, WW worked for a while, but then came menopause and my weight started to creep up again. I have 80lb to lose and plan to start the C25K program when my weight gets under 200lbs.
    Health wise, I've seen immediate improvements in tryglycerides, overall cholesterol (tho my good cholesterol is a bit low), blood pressure and energy levels. My health insurance picks up a lot of the cost of doctors visits, tests etc and I'm loving the classes and availability of dietitians, behavioural health doctors etc. I'm encouraged and determined to see this through. :)
  • sdaniels4
    sdaniels4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 2 of the New Direction plan. Took 5 weeks from when I first made the decision to go this route to when I actually started. Not a decision I made lightly...cost is $999 for a 12-week program (reimbursable through FSA with LOM). However, the 800 calories per day will give me what I need...a boost! I know this is temporary...I will eat real food again. However, this program is NOT just about the food. We attend weekly classes on a variety of topics important for losing and keeping the weight off as well as 40 minutes of strength training. So far down 2 pounds!
  • togrady
    togrady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Are there any groups here or on Facebook for people using New Direction products? It would be great to share info and motivation. I learn new things each week in the group session that my Doctor offers and I'm sure I could learn from you guys as well.