3-day binge help!!! (Prom pressure)

Options
Rnz123
Rnz123 Posts: 18 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
I've currently been on this journey for a little over a month and I'm starting to fall off the wagon. I usually lose about 2-3 lbs per week, but last week after very strict dieting and working out, I only lost 1 pound. I was so depressed that I started eating a LOT. My daily intake is supposed to be 1200, but I managed to rack up 2000+, and that continued on Monday and today aswell. Each day after the binge, I did a 1000 calorie workout, probably burning around 700-500 calories each time. I'm so upset that I'm letting myself go and I don't know what to do about it. The worst part is is that I have my senior prom in May and I still have 25 lbs to lose!! I know if I stay on track I'll be able to do it, but I'm worried if I keep pigging out like this I won't reach my goal in time. I just really need some advice, support and motivation. Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• fourterrys
    fourterrys Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You need to just reboot. The past 3 days are done and gone. You cannot change them. Stop beating yourself up. Start fresh tomorrow. You may not lose this week because of it, but you can lose next week if you start over. I have gone thru this many times- given up because I messed up. Not every day is going to be perfect! You are not perfect. You can't expect yourself to be. I started MFP last March. I've lost 50 lbs. Im 47 yrs old and have been overweight most of my adult life. Don't pressure yourself that you HAVE to lose everything by prom or you're a failure. Maybe you'll lose 15 or 20 lbs. That's ok. You'll still be 15-20 lbs lighter :) Again- Stop yourself from falling into your old habits. Remember how you feel when you are following plan. Give yourself one day to feel that again. Also- the closer you get to goal the harder it is to lose weight. 2 lbs/week is a lot. Any loss is a good loss. Good luck to you and stay strong! Slow and steady will get you there!
  • Rnz123
    Options
    Thanks so much, that does calm me down a bit haha :) the only problem is when I try to reboot, I do well for the first half of the day, and around 5:00-8:00 I don't get hungry, but bored. So I'll go downstairs for a snack which usually turns into a 500-700 calorie meal. Its so frustrating, and then having to do damage control with the 1000 calorie workout on top of my daily routine, I don't even know if it's working. I'm really starting to get scared of getting back on that scale :neutral:
  • trevnik3bys
    trevnik3bys Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's easy to step on the scale and the results have a negative impact emotionally but just remember that our bodies are impacted by water weight gain, hormones, etc. I've been stuck for almost a week despite me sticking to my plan and I know that once (hormones probably) everything levels out, I'll probably see a good weight loss all at once. ☺️ hang in there, don't give up, friend some folks....it really helps to encourage one another and it's also a level of accountability even though you don't know each other.

Blessings!
    Nikki
  • sandi4711
    sandi4711 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When you get bored.... instead of "going downstairs" put on some music. Your favorite play list will raise your dopamine levels, and that will quell the "false hunger". Or - read a book. Or even better, go for a walk. Walking - the activity and also being outside - will also boost dopamine and help push the hunger away. And hey - you'll burn a few extra calories while you're at it :smile: And drink a big glass of water.
  • Rnz123
    Options
    Thanks a lot guys!! I've managed to recover from that binge pretty well and I haven't looked back :)