Veggies

Options
Hi there everyone!

I've been trying to increase the amount of veggies I eat but here's the thing. I don't really like them. I do like most lettuces, spinach and cucumbers. Sooometimes zucchini depending. I've forced myself to eat cauliflower("riced") but even that is far from a fav.

I guess.. Any fool proof recipes or advice on other veggies to try?

Replies

• 007Aggie
    007Aggie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Roasting makes a big difference.
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    The Veggie Grill has this "cauli-mashed potatoes with gravy" SO GOOD!
  • AvonLucyR
    AvonLucyR Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    How do you season your roasted vegetables @007Aggie?
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Soups- so many to choose from...

Risottos - so many to choose from...

Salads - even if you don't like raw there are countless other salads. I grill some asparagus, red pepper, onions and garlic with a little olive oil and salt and then finely chop them and add to a basic orzo salad...with some chopped olives of course.

In the end I put vegetables everywhere....and there are so many to choose from. I love going to the different grocers. Today I picked up a load of fruits (pomelos, pink lady and fuji apples, asian pears, tangelo) and veggies (cauliflower, cucumbers, bok choi, gai lan, garlic shoots, shitake).
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I love marinating zucchini in Italian dressing then grilling them. Sooooooooooo good
  • thisisntabagel
    thisisntabagel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    mjwarbeck wrote: »
    Soups- so many to choose from...

Risottos - so many to choose from...

Salads - even if you don't like raw there are countless other salads. I grill some asparagus, red pepper, onions and garlic with a little olive oil and salt and then finely chop them and add to a basic orzo salad...with some chopped olives of course.

In the end I put vegetables everywhere....and there are so many to choose from. I love going to the different grocers. Today I picked up a load of fruits (pomelos, pink lady and fuji apples, asian pears, tangelo) and veggies (cauliflower, cucumbers, bok choi, gai lan, garlic shoots, shitake).

Hmm, I could try butternut squash soup. I had something similar that I liked that a prof made lol. And trying some grilled asparagus might be worth it. I definitely have no problem with fruits but they still have a lot of sugar so. Just trying to make good choices!
  • thisisntabagel
    Options
    I love marinating zucchini in Italian dressing then grilling them. Sooooooooooo good

Oooh, now there's an idea! Thanks :smile:
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Try stir frys, corn, grean beans, wraps (tortilla + cheese + veggies = great!), and just throwing a handful on top of normal meals (some mushrooms on anything Italian,
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Roast them, and try different herbs and spices until you find what you like. I love them with rosemary and fresh ground pepper, and crushed red chilies if I'm feeling adventurous.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I don't like veg much either. But there are two preparation ways that I could eat for daaays.

First is roasted with salt and pepper.

Second, I buy stir fry mixes at the store, then I stirfry them until they are browned, with some potent spices, like bbq spice, cajun seasoning, or another strong combination. And then I melt strong cheddar cheese over the veg. Mmm. Delish. :tongue:
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower is ew to me. One of the few I dont like.

Agree with above - roast them or bake them.

Chop them all up - spray with a bit of fry lite - salt, pepper, garlic. Yum. Spices and experiments have a lot going for them.
  • thisisntabagel
    Options
    Just about everyone had suggested roasting them. I have tried brussel sprouts like that and didn't totally hate them.. Guess it's worth a try with others too. Thanks everyone for suggestions! Feel free to keep them coming if you have more. Or to add me if you are so inclined