Binging:(

Options
This week has been so rough. I'm great all day but once the evening hits I start binging. I mean I binged every night this past week. even that is abnormal for me. I know why I do it (im currently raeding 2 books on the subject) but it's like I have these 2 personalities and there is this internal argument and the "hungry" side always wins. Tonight will be the first night I stayed within 100 calories of my daily goal(went over by 95), although it is only 7:30...ugh, I just dont know what I am doing.

Replies

• fiddlechic
    Options
    This week has been so rough. I'm great all day but once the evening hits I start binging. I mean I binged every night this past week. even that is abnormal for me. I know why I do it (im currently raeding 2 books on the subject) but it's like I have these 2 personalities and there is this internal argument and the "hungry" side always wins. Tonight will be the first night I stayed within 100 calories of my daily goal(went over by 95), although it is only 7:30...ugh, I just dont know what I am doing.
  • sassymom
    Options
    I know how you feel. I can control my hunger all day, but night time comes and forget it. Not to mention my craving for sugar. I am still waiting to make it to day 4 of dieting. I already messed up for today, but did good yesterday. Fresh start in the morning. Good luck to you tomorrow. :drinker:
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

lol, that is funny! I just posted Reading Makes me EAT! about the same subject and probably we are reading the same book. Intuitive Eating??

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/35149-reading-is-driving-me-to-eat
  • GinaMV
    GinaMV Posts: 9
    Options
    I can relate. I'm a weekend binger. I do great all week with food and exercise but the weekends chase all of my good intentions right out the door. It doesn't help that it's playoff season (go Eagles and Steelers!). Anyway, I end up throwing all of my hard work of the past week out the window. :sad:

You are not alone! We just need to start fresh tomorrow and not beat ourselves up for a bad day. Everyday is a new opportunity to work towards our goals. Find someone who you can count on to be there for you if you find yourself thinking of a binge. Talking about your feelings instead of acting on them is a surefire way to avoid these binges in the future.

Have a great tomorrow!
  • Colly
    Colly Posts: 17
    Options
    I've had binging days & boy do they make me mad. Try not to stay there. Hit the restart button and do better tomorrow.

All the best,
    Colly:flowerforyou:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    yeah i've been having lots of binging issues lately. you're not alone :flowerforyou:
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    You are DEFINITELY not alone. I think I ate about 10 mini BabyRuth candy bars yesterday. They were in a bowl on the counter and everytime I went near them I would take one. I've been a terrible binge eater lately. I really do wake up in the morning with every good intention, but by the end of the day I'm a total failure. I really can relate to your pain. Let's put the past behind us and take the first step TODAY. It may only be ababy step, but one baby step forward is better than going backwards and landing on your butt. Good luck to you. And if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to hearing them. Feel free to to give me a good talking to.