20s, have a ways to go, and looking for some friends to help with motivation!

Options
This isn't my first time around, but I'm hoping it's the time that'll stick! Last year I did well for the longest I ever have done but ultimately got overwhelmed. I'm 23 and have almost 70 lbs to lose total but I'm breaking it down. So right now I'm just trying to get my BMI below 30, with only 13 lbs to go!

I really enjoy running. Last spring I ran a 5k and this spring I'm aiming for a 10k! With the long term goal of running a half marathon in the fall (if I like the increasing distance aspect of running). It helps me burn calories but also gives me motivation to eat right so I don't feel like death on my runs and lose weight to get my times down. And supposedly exercise is good for you. Who knows. It's also the most efficient way to exercise my dog! And it makes me feel like a superhero when we get home and he just sleeps all day while I still have the energy to do business.

I'm vegan and despite the stereotypes have found plenty of foods to eat. My natural inclination is to eat all the carbs and salty snacks, especially spaghetti, but I am trying to do better.

ANYWAY I'm really looking for friends on here to keep motivated, especially people in a similar position or who have been! Feel free to message or add me and I'm looking forward to the journey!

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congrats on your progress so far. You can add me as a friend if you want. :)
  • SeizeTheDay2016
    SeizeTheDay2016 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are off to a great start on your journey!!
  • ahruss23
    ahruss23 Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You have some very good goals and have come so far. Keep up the good work! Each day is a new opportunity to take one step at a time.
  • kfm6
    kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm down 34 pounds with another 25 to go. Friend me if you are interested in providing mutual support. Good luck.