51 year old needing to lose 100 lbs. Looking for some support buddies. Kingston, ON

Options
I have been struggling with weight loss for a long time. The excess weight is now affecting my energy levels and puts me physically in alot of pain. So for now I am concentrating on cutting down on my calories and going slow with walking. Having someone to talk to going through the next year would be wonderful

Replies

• HappyLois
    HappyLois Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and lost 133 pounds about 10 years ago. Unfortunately I've found about 70 of those pounds again. :blush: Back at it now and doing well. I'm using a Jawbone Up2 (which I love), my fitness pal (also love love love) and I bought a scale that syncs with my fitness pal. Gadgets, yes.. but somehow it's motivating. Anyway, keep at it and focus on maybe 5 pounds at a time... I know from experience that looking at 100 pounds is too overwhelming and can be discouraging. Break it up into smaller goals, reward yourself with non-food rewards when you meet those goals. You can do it. Slow and steady is the way to go. Good luck!
  • abogoussos
    abogoussos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Just stay focused, keep walking, and workout if you can, and stay on diet, it maybe hard, but worth it ☺
  • KittyInBoots
    KittyInBoots Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am from Canada as well!

This site is the only way I have lost weight. I have a long way to go but to see actual results is motivating to continue! I will send you a friends request so we can motivate each other.
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in my 50's and looking to lose about 50 lbs. It's not only body image, but health. I need to be more active and am looking for friends who know what it is like to not have the metabolism we use to :) Feel free to add me! Best of luck to all!
  • Snoozie_2
    Snoozie_2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am finding my metabolism has slowed down to a snails pace. I have tried cleanses and detox to try and get things moving, but all that seems to work is a week without sugar or carbs and it starts things going again. How about you?
  • estephanieono
    estephanieono Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I know I'm a little young but if you ever have a problem staying motivated, you could always message me! I'd love to hear from you and help you out through your weight loss process.
  • Snoozie_2
    Options
    Young or old, we are all in this journey together. Thanks for the support.
  • terriemay26
    terriemay26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 50's also and need to lose about 100 pounds, for my health. I have sleep apnea and my doctor says if I lose weight it will help.
  • Snoozie_2
    Options
    I have sleep apnea too. One of my goals is to get off the darn machine when I reach my goal weight. I know there is still a possibility that I might still have to use it, but I want the chance to try. I know a couple people who have been able to get off the machine. Let's do this!
  • SharonDenzien
    SharonDenzien Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I too have struggled with weight all my life. I lost 134 pounds 20 years ago and had 70 slowly come back in the last 12 years. I have lost 78 pounds since January 2015. MFP has helped me to be accountable for everything I eat so makes you pause before any mindless eating. I found low carbs and high protein have helped but also started on thyroid replacement last year. Can't say I noticed a jump in my metabolism and swear I gain weight looking at food! Hang in there. It's possible to lose it you must stay motivated. My only exercise is walking in treadmill daily. Add me, always ready to help anyone out with motivation.
  • kfm6
    kfm6 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 56 and down 34 pounds with another 25 to go. Friend me if you are interested in providing mutual support. Good luck.