New to MFP - Water question ?

Options
smilingloki
smilingloki Posts: 7 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hi there My name is R J, I'm very new to MFP - just over a month. Started MFP on the 1st but cut out bread out of my diet and a few other sillies like peanut butter etc a few weeks earlier when I started - It just suddenly hit me, 10th December - I'm not going to be obese anymore.....

To date, I've lost 11.2kgs yes I was 177.8kgs and pretty heartbroken at the way I look. So - I'm going in the right direction :smiley:

I'm now 166.6kgs - I find myself in a new zone, its weird, I have the "sweats" - yes i know it is summer here in New Zealand at the moment but I am sweating bullets, is this normal, I feel hotter all the time now - like my metabolism has shot up or something as my body is having to work for its meals or something - i dunno. I have more energy and but when i feel tired, its full on like - must sleep nowwwwww.

My question is, what is a good amount of water to drink, considering I'm a big guy (Overweight) - 6ft tall
Please help ! :neutral:

Replies

• terriemay26
    terriemay26 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It is usually recommended that you have 8 cups of water a day. 64 ounces. You might want to check with your doctor, especially if you are sweating that bad.
  • evalaporte
    evalaporte Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep hydrating (especially if you are upping your protein) and check in with your thyroid and hormones at the dr.
  • smilingloki
    smilingloki Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks terrie. been to the doctor, got a full CBC as she was worried, CBC (Complete Blood Count) was fine - cholesterol all fine, but low on the "good" cholesterol - whatever that is, she told me to get out and exercise.
    my diabetes count is almost non existantly normal, (5.2) and bp = 137 over 86 =- so apparently thats very good for my size. Hence why even my doctor is a little stumped.