Having a hard time staying full (or at least satisfied)

Options
Hey guys!

So I was doing really good for my first week on My Fitness Pal, but now I am really struggling with snacking and getting hungry durning the day and I end up going way over my daily goal!!

I've been eating more foods with fiber, and I cut out pop. I've been drinking more water and also tea. it's just not satisfying me enough and I start craving more food after an hour or two.

I'm trying not to stress out about going over, I know it's just a learning experience for what to do better tomorrow.

I'm hoping its is just a phase. Any one else experiencing this?

Replies

• summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can see what you are eating :sunglasses:
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I can guess. I am new to this. 1227 is a low calorie goal

Oh and i have trouble with hunger, too. I am watching this to see the replies
  • amyers2891
    amyers2891 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can see what you are eating :sunglasses:

My diary should be open :)
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @amyers2891 ^^^^^ Open your Diary so we can have a peek and offer suggestions.
    When I started if I was Hangry it was because my Protein/Fat intake was low.
  • lorib642
    Options
    Her diary is open
  • summerkissed
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Her diary is open

It isn't on the app but I switched to safari and got it :sunglasses:
  • summerkissed
    Options
    Ok so 1200cals is to low for a 24 year old woman to start with! What is your daily exercise like?
  • Jillie453
    Jillie453 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The first two weeks are really the hardest. I was very hungry and tired for about 10-12 days and then it seemed to pass (a little). Some days are just harder than others. have you tried "grazing"? I bring food to work and I'll have something around 10:30 (a piece of sting cheese), then lunch around 11;45....and a snack again at 3pm, etc. I also found that eating a breakfast higher in protein helped me eat less at lunch. I tried Kashi Go Lean Cereal - it has 12 grams of protein and does keep me full for a bit longer than a lot of other choices. Good luck and don't give up.
  • KatieSwarts
    KatieSwarts Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So I have a calorie goal of 1,200. That's pretty low but the site picked it out for me. I don't exercise much, which I'm working on changing. I plan to ride my bike a few days a week and go on walks a few days a week. Should I up my calorie goal? I'd like to loose a few pounds but it isn't necessary. It is mostly to just get healthy
  • lorib642
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Her diary is open

It isn't on the app but I switched to safari and got it :sunglasses:

Great. Ot: how do you get to the forums on the app? (Can someone message me)

• summerkissed
    Options
    MFP pretty much sets ever female at 1200 cals mine was set at 1200 I changed it to 1400 as my minimum and I eat back all my exercise cals so that means on most days I eat 2000 cals.....everyone is different but 1200 is too low I'd up your cals to 1400 and I'd make most of that from protein
  • angelasessor1118
    angelasessor1118 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I seem like I am always starving and thinking about food... I am not sure if I am eating right or what? If anyone could give advice or suggestions I would appreciate it.
  • Beesknees22
    Beesknees22 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I get these cravings too sometimes. I make sure that I drink about 2 cups of water with every meal so that I feel full longer. If that won't help curve cravings, then I drink more water and snack on some fruit or something. Also, if you're just starting it's kinda just something you need to get past. Most people are overweight because they over eat and ti stretches our stomachs out. Once you start having a healthier amount of food, your stomach needs time to shrink down back to normal.
  • amyers2891
    Options
    Ok so 1200cals is to low for a 24 year old woman to start with! What is your daily exercise like?
    I usually workout 3-4 times a week, doing 25-30 mins of cardio and 10-15 mins of strength. On workout days I usually eat back my calories. I think 1200 is probably too low. I'll try 1400 and see if that helps. Thanks for the advice!
  • amyers2891
    Options
    I get these cravings too sometimes. I make sure that I drink about 2 cups of water with every meal so that I feel full longer. If that won't help curve cravings, then I drink more water and snack on some fruit or something. Also, if you're just starting it's kinda just something you need to get past. Most people are overweight because they over eat and ti stretches our stomachs out. Once you start having a healthier amount of food, your stomach needs time to shrink down back to normal.
    Yes I agree, my stomach is probably used to more food. Also my brain is probably used to bigger means. I sometimes graze but maybe I need to pick different snacks
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I just peeked at your last few days of entries. Looks pretty good overall.

As far as advice goes, I'm not saying this is *the* answer (others have suggested other things), but I would consider emphasizing a lot more green leafy vegetables. I've found that on the days I'm trying to restrict, if I have a huge salad with no-cal dressing and maybe a little bacon thrown on to make it feel a little naughty, and then drink a lot of water, I tend to not get hungry at all.

• summerkissed
    Options
    amyers2891 wrote: »
    I usually workout 3-4 times a week, doing 25-30 mins of cardio and 10-15 mins of strength. On workout days I usually eat back my calories. I think 1200 is probably too low. I'll try 1400 and see if that helps. Thanks for the advice!

Yeah sounds like you have a great exercise plan going.....id prop yourself up to 1400 cals for sure maybe a nice big protein smoothie to add another 30ish grams of protein :smile: sounds like your doing great keep it up!!
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Might help to step your calorie intake down gradually instead of expecting it to suddenly go from whatever your intake was before to 1200. Right now, your body is sending starving signals because it's used to a lot more food. I started in November with intake around 1800 calories a day with a really stationary lifestyle. I stepped back my daily intake gradually, so that my body didn't notice that it wasn't getting cheese on it's sandwich, and slowly upped my exercise. Now I'm walking 5 miles a day every other day and feel comfortable at 1200-1300 calories. :)
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    1231 is really really really low. Almost no one is going to feel full with that amount unless they've been eating it for months. You should probably go back up to like 1500-1600 and step it down over a few weeks if that's where you really want to be.
  • muscleandbeard
    muscleandbeard Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Your macros become the most important thing when struggling with cravings. Up the protein.