Chocolate Fruity Smoothie with Ovaltine

Options
melathon
melathon Posts: 246 Member
For the past several nights I've been drinking this, just in different quantities:

Plain yogurt (I use Stonyfield Farm Organic Lowfat)
Frozen Fruit
Ovaltine (the Rich Chocolate variety)

Just mix in blender. Unless you're really patient, it helps to microwave the fruit just a bit ( I finally learned this tonight.)
Once for the fruit I used 5 frozen cherries and a banana, and it was divine. Tonight I had just a blend of frozen fruit. Either way it's great The Ovaltine just adds something wonderful!

Replies

• melathon
    Options
    For the past several nights I've been drinking this, just in different quantities:

Plain yogurt (I use Stonyfield Farm Organic Lowfat)
    Frozen Fruit
    Ovaltine (the Rich Chocolate variety)

Just mix in blender. Unless you're really patient, it helps to microwave the fruit just a bit ( I finally learned this tonight.)
    Once for the fruit I used 5 frozen cherries and a banana, and it was divine. Tonight I had just a blend of frozen fruit. Either way it's great The Ovaltine just adds something wonderful!
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting. I really need to crack out my blender but were are in the minus here and well I dont really feel like guzzling back a cold anything :tongue:
  • rockymtnguy
    Options
    Excellent blend recipe, I'll have to give it a try. Also, I add flaxseed oil to all my smoothies as well. You can't taste the flaxseed oil at all. If I don't have a smoothie I take the 1000 mg gelcap instead.
  • medic2
    medic2 Posts: 2
    Options
    How do you log this in your snacks as far as calories? Or can I say how many calories is this? How much of each do you use?
  • mytys1969
    Options
    What is flaxseed oil
  • melathon
    Options
    Oh, sorry - I just saw your question, medic2.
    Well, this was really easy - I just plugged in the nutritional info from the packages, the ovaltine is 80 cals per 4 tbsp serving, the yogurt serving is 1 cup ( I forget the caloric content) and the fruit, I think I used about a cup as well. The whole thing is between 200-300 calories. I actually haven't drunk one in a few nights, so I've forgotten. But basically I just copy info off the nutritional labels and measure the portions.
  • medic2
    Options
    ok thanks