water

Options
I drink 4 gatorade bottles of water a day that's 16 cups of water a day is that to much

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    If it's just water that seems like alot!
  • Flwrsme
    Flwrsme Posts: 39
    Options
    I dont think your drinking the Gatoraide right....its just the bottles full of water. =) but yes, its alot, but nothing will happen. Your body will just get rid of (pee) the excess. Water intoxication can be dangerous, but mostly for infants.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking to replenish yourself after workouts or just because you know water is good to drink?
  • jebfab2612
    jebfab2612 Posts: 44
    Options
    I agree that seems like a lot ,the most I drink is 9 and thats pushing it but who know maybe your burning more calories from the exercise. Check with your doctor the next time you see him :)
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not drinking them all at once, you should be perfectly fine. Plenty of us drink more water than we technically need - I drink anywhere from 12-20 cups a day. The only time it can be dangerous is if you're drinking it all at once or drinking a ton of water during intense, long-period exercise (like long-distance running).

Check outt his great article about water - Myth #8 addresses the concern about drinking too much water.
    http://www.experiencelifemag.com/issues/june-2010/health-wellness/drink-to-your-health.html