Greek Yogurt???

Options
2»

Replies

• MissMed07
    MissMed07 Posts: 34
    Options
    Love this stuff. I eat it a couple of days out of the week in the morning for breakfast. I use a half a cup of yogurt and 1/4 a cup of blueberries and raspberries and add 12 raw almonds. Delicious, good for you, and less than 200 calories.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Mix it with flavored Benefiber, Crystal Light mix, or stevia for something sweet and flavorful. Use it as sour cream...it actually is easier to cook with than low-fat sour cream (doesn't break as easily in the heat).
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the answers. I've been wondering the same thing. Never tried it but now I wish I bought some instead of the giant bottle of mayo I just bought for my sandwiches.
  • rovs
    rovs Posts: 2
    Options
    good for thrush , dont know about a diet
    lol
  • LauraMarie37
    LauraMarie37 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Just want to +1 everyone who said it's more protein, MUCH less sugar (even the "sugary" ones like vanilla or fruit flavored!), and keeps you full WAY longer. It does have a different taste, but if you don't like the taste at first you can get on of the ones with mix-ins and know you are still way ahead nutritionally from the regular 55¢ yogurt you see at the grocery store.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    It's lovely mixed in with some fruit or on some chilli, however you fancy it really!
  • lorilynette
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the great responses. I will be trying some of those delicious ideas!
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    We just got back from Greece & it's a huge part of their food culture... breakfast, desert, base for gyro sauce, etc. Good with a spoonful of honey on top!