Birthday blow out

Hi all, i have been using the phone app for the past 2 weeks and have so far lost 7lbs. It is my 30th birthday today, so my husband took me out for dinner and without realising i totally blew my calorie allowance on dinner alone. I now feel awful.

We are having a BBQ on saturday with friends and family. do any of you have suggestions, hints and tips to keep me on track when there will be plenty of food and drink around.

Thanks
Kirsty

Replies

• Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    portion control and moderation.
  • mnsmith83
    mnsmith83 Posts: 128
    Drink ridiculous amounts of water! Then you won't have room/desire for as much "bad" food!
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    It's my birthday on Friday, and I will be 30 as well! :) For me, ehhhh I'm going out that night so I will drink water, diet soda with rum. I am going to allow myself to cheat alittle like a very small slice of cake and maybe some appetizers. I also plan to work out and burn mucho calories before hand. So I say, if you plan to enjoy the BBQ, do alittle more than normal when you exercise that day.

Happy Birthday!
  • smallchick81
    smallchick81 Posts: 5 Member
    Thanks, my little boy will be at the BBQ so i wont be drinking until he is packed off to his grannys for the night and as is it is my party i am hoping i will be a bit pre-ocupied with my guests, so i wont pick at the food as much.

My problem is not portion sizes, i tend to eat little TOO often
  • sweetjanet2k
    sweetjanet2k Posts: 28 Member
    Vodka and diet soda
    Rum and diet soda

Have fun!!!
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    I agree, try and keep track on exactly what you are eating so you can track the calories but also do a little bit extra exercise and don't sweat it too much, just don't lose control and let these occasions be rare but not completely gone.
    I have celebrated two friends happy birthday!
  • smallchick81
    smallchick81 Posts: 5 Member
    excellent plan, i will hit the gym hard on Saturday morning in preparation. Happy 30th Birthday to you when it comes. Its not as bad as people make out I promise.
  • 623Hernandez
    623Hernandez Posts: 458
    Happy birthday!:flowerforyou:
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Happy Birthday!

I went to a BBQ last Sunday. Stick with fresh fruit, fresh veg and a teeny smidge of dip or dressing. I put a dab about the size of a nickel on a dessert plate. I tried to eat most of my meal as fresh stuff beforehand and then had 2 bones of ribs, about a quarter cup of baked beans, quarter cup of potatoes baked with powdered ranch dressing stuff and then more fresh veg. It worked out really well. I even had enough calories for 2 6 oz. glasses of wine. I passed on the tiramisu cake. Just go real easy. Eat slow, don't eat while walking around. Choose your food, even apps, and then sit down and eat it. When I eat on the fly is when I keep filling that little plate! And WATER!!!

Have fun and good luck!
  • southtowngirl
    southtowngirl Posts: 72 Member
    I feel your pain. My 50th is next week and I'm going to visit relatives at the beach. I know we will go out and eat too much, but I'm going to try to eat sensible amounts even if the food itself is not sensible (except the night we go to Ozone Pizza).

I'm also hoping to compensate for missing my gym time by taking long walks on the beach.