Giving up sugar

Options
Im battling with this as I love chocolate

Replies

• ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    You can take my sugar when you tear it from my cold dead fingers. Everything in moderation, including a bit of sweet treat once in a while. :)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Then don't give it up unless you have a medically diagnosed reason to do so. Eat it in moderation and fit it in as part of an overall well-balanced diet. Sugar isn't the devil that some would have you believe.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid food battles. They seem to be no-win for most people. Try some compromise - maybe a reduction rather than an elimination? :)
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a small, sweet treat almost everyday. Why give up things that you enjoy?
  • Bambalina22
    Bambalina22 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Neeeeever take my sugar! Although if it's really too much how about dropping it for 2 weeks then introduce it back in the right portion/calorie size sometimes people need to take a break. I had to with pizza just so I could reward myself with it rather than gorge it x
  • lastchancedaisy92
    Options
    Best advice I heard was if you can't control yourself with a certain food keep it out of the house. Then when you do crave it go out for it sit at table and enjoy every bite of it!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Then don't give it up unless you have a medically diagnosed reason to do so. Eat it in moderation and fit it in as part of an overall well-balanced diet. Sugar isn't the devil that some would have you believe.

This
  • ivvassileva
    ivvassileva Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I tried givig up sugar but I then I just felt more craving for it. Now I have sugar in my coffee plus the ocasional piece of chocolate or something like that. It should be OK, as long as you fit it in your overal calories goal. Most importantly, don't feel guilty when you eat something you like. You are doing this for yourself and you are the one setting the rules. At the end, the main goal is to be happy ;)
    Good luck :)
  • kate1761957
    kate1761957 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The first time I gave up sugar i went right into it, no white bread, no rice, cut out most fruit. Of course I failed.
    This time I am sticking below 30gr sugar and MFP makes it so easy to measure.
    I am finding it much easier this time and although for the first time in my life I am not changing my diet to lose weight, (i had given up on that), but to just get a bit of healthier eating going, I am losing weight.
    i suspect that sugar is my krytonite, who knew! and perhaps we all have different triggers, but I am much saner about my food choices by limiting its intake.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Sugar is destructive and has no redeeming qualities. There ARE NO essential Carbs. If you want to be fat and sick, enjoy, otherwise keep your carbs below 100 grams a day. :)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Im battling with this as I love chocolate

work up to higher % cocoa solids chocolate and the sugar intake reduces pro-rata.