Whats your measurments + clothing size?

Options
I can't fit into clothes. I am 36-36-43. All clothes I find are

Shirts:
XL 44 bust, 35 waist (too big on top)
L 40 bust, 32 waist (too big on top too small on waist)

Pants:
18 is too big on hips, fits waist
16 too big on hips, too small on waist

Errr!!! Anyone else have this problem? What size do you wear for your measurements?

Replies

• moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    As far as pants go you may have to buy one size bigger to fit through your hips and then tailor the waist. Most dry cleaners tailor and its really not that expensive.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    36-31-42

I wear anywhere between a M-XL shirt, depending on room in the bust (I'm a DD)
    For pants I wear 10 in women's. 11 in juniors.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i have that problem with jeans =[

There massive around the waist,
    perfect around the hips,
    and too small for the legs...

If i get a smaller size for my waist then i cant get them on...
    And if i get a bigger size for my legs, then the top flaps around and is very uncomfortable...
    I have to make my own holes in belts...

Its very frustrating!
    One day if i have the time and money im going to have a pair custom made...
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Some stores carry "curvy" fit clothes. I have a lot of issues with fitting my hips and waist
    Maybe if you can find bottoms suited for curvy people that will help???

as far as shirts - i find that if it fits my hips its big in the bust. so either i have loose bust or tighter on the hips
    i also deal with a long torso - so finding shirts long enough is also a chore...
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I wear M shirts (small in some brands) size 6 in jeans but they are always 2 long!!!! grrrrr
  • Mozzafiata731
    Options
    I have the same problem... I'm bigger all around but if you're shaped like I am I'll give you a few tips- For pants go for the ones that fit (aka the ones that make your but look the best) and cut a slit on each side of the hip...it'll give you a couple more inches to breath- If i dont do this my pants look saggy or I'm spending a butt load of money at torrid where they fit properly... Junior plus sections usually fit curvy full figure women better than a womans section... as far as shirts always go with what fits your chest.... add a belt under to hug right under your boobs to show your figure.... I hope this helps a bit :)
  • Tamstar1985
    Tamstar1985 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    my measurements are 33.5 / 26 / 33 ... i live in china, so i am kind of disconnected with proper sizes, but i usually wear a size "165/M" or "160/S" (sometimes it's 165/L and 160/M depending on the shop). now that's a guideline for height, but that's what they use here. i believe i wear a size four in canada, and a small or extra-small in shirts depending on the fit/brand...
  • jetsetmaven
    jetsetmaven Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    36-33-42. I have similar issues with clothes. You need to invest in a dry cleaner with excellent alterations. I even go as far as having some of my clothes custom designed and tailored because I always have to buy larger sizes off the rack. Dresses: 8/10 or M, Pants 10/12 or L.
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    42-32-42

I wear an XL shirt because they're comfy, lol, but I can fit comfortably into a large. Honestly I haven't bought a pair of tight fitting pants in forever, I always just wear shorts! but XL in shorts, and last time I bought pants I was a 14-16 depending on the brand. It's hard to find stuff that fits me as well because I'm so tall! Every shirt is really short, and its hard to find pants that fit my hips
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    For curvier gals, if you can afford it try on some Lucky Brand Sweet n Low jeans. They are seriously like PERFECT for my curvy booty and bigger thighs. I'm 41-33-40 (and 5'9 if that matters) and wear a size 16 for those jeans.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I know Fashion Bug has different "cuts" of pants for different shapes. They have junior thru plus sizes. I usually end up dragging my sewing machine out and taking the waist in on pants. Lands End has shirts that are cut different for women with curves.

A few years ago I think it was Blair that had some adjustable waist pants. They had what looked like a buckle on each side that you could slide in or out (about 4 inches each side) as needed. Problem was that the buckles would let loose and the pants would slide down at the wrong time....
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Wrangler Saddles...they are made to be no-show when riding equestrian.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    36-27-35

i generally wear a uk 8, which i think is a US 4
  • MissMed07
    MissMed07 Posts: 34
    Options
    34-25-38 Pear shaped :(

It's also really hard for me to find jeans because my waist is really small in comparison to my hips. I wear a small or medium top and then 4 or a 6 depending on the cut of the pants/skirt.
  • sbarrett7171
    sbarrett7171 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    In pants I wear a 34, but a 36 feels so good that I wear a 38