Top Tips for Success

Options
Name 1-5 things you have done that have helped you see results (food, exercise,mental strategies)...
I am a newbie and need ANY input! Also, addme if you would like a friend!

Replies

• Whodat8383
    Whodat8383 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    note by author: Success is defined by you. It can be what helps you get out of bed in the morning to get to the gym, weight, healthier life style changes....
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I try not to limit how much fruit I eat (unless I'm really struggling with the day's calorie limits), so sometimes I turn my fruit snacking into a whole lunch/dinner meal. It's helped me feel super satisfied when I don't have to eat just 1 apple and I can eat as many as I want. o:)
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Remembering this is not about perfection, but simply about making more good decisions than bad.
  • Whodat8383
    Whodat8383 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks, melon! I love fruit! I like to slice apples into thin slices and nibble them while reading a good book--I've even gotten my boyfriend
  • Hunnysmiles
    Hunnysmiles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I try not to limit how much fruit I eat (unless I'm really struggling with the day's calorie limits), so sometimes I turn my fruit snacking into a whole lunch/dinner meal. It's helped me feel super satisfied when I don't have to eat just 1 apple and I can eat as many as I want. o:)

• QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    1. I created new habits for life
    2. I exercise daily
    3. I control portion sizes
    4. I eat like the thinner me
    5. I don't diet. (Diets end, lifelong habits don't.)
  • Hunnysmiles
    Hunnysmiles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think remembering that I didn't gain all the weight overnight so I'm not going to lose it overnight. That everyday I have to make the decision to make better choices to reach my health and weight goals. Also setting smaller goals for the day or week. Like taking all my vitamins or reaching a certain serving goal like 6 glasses of water, protein grams or vegetables.

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    1. I eat what I want and enjoy, just less of it. Realising that I could do that and didn't have to force myself to eat "rabbit food" that I despised to lose weight was a huge step forward for me.

2. Then I recognised that sometimes, I slip up, and eat more of what I want and enjoy than I should have. Instead of beating myself up - log it and move on with life.

3. Equally, don't stop your life for your diet! Birthdays, Christmases, etc they're meant to be enjoyed! Eat at maintenance for the day; it won't kill you!

4. FOOD SCALE! Weighing all my food was such an eye-opener for me! I could not believe how much I had been eating before then!

5. You don't have to exercise to lose weight. You can eat more if you do, but just sticking to your calories should do the trick for you. This was also big. If you have a day where your body just does not want to co-operate, it's okay!
  • MissT895
    MissT895 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Take each day as it comes.

Take progress pictures. They help if you are having a bad day.

Exercise and try and enjoy the outdoors more. Work out with friends.

Never drink my calories.

Look at it as a lifestyle change. You are training your body how to eat properly again.

Set mini goals and when u reach them by yourself a little something.

Don't let it take over your life. I didn't count calories Xmas or New Years. My sisters wedding end of February and won't be doing it either. A few days of this here and there won't set u back.

If you struggle with binge eating etc. plan your meals ahead.

Goodluck after many diets I've tried I've never felt satisfied and don't feel deprived at all.
  • MissT895
    MissT895 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Oh and listen to your body. If you have to go over calories every now and then by a bit don't stress. It's to fuel the body for exercising