Diet /Healthy Eating Friendly Restaurants

Options
So which eateries are your go to's for healthy choices and published nutrition info?

So far for me: Chili's, Pei Wei, Macalister's, & Zoe's.

Replies

• billiehunter14
    billiehunter14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Applebee's
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Chipotle
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I prefer non chain restaurants, but PF Chang has Buddhas Feast which is about 300-400 calories.
  • mikethegrate
    mikethegrate Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Au Bon Pain. My location has 7 soups every day and most have pretty low calorie counts. They also label almost everything in the store, so I don't have to go look it up.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    NOT Pei Wei. Definitely.
    (or PF Changs, which owns it).

I don't get the chipotle thing, but see how you could eat healthy there.

I like sweet tomatoes and bravo for chains.

But mostly I eat at local restaurants. When we go out I usually get protein/veg nothing fancy. A nice romaine salad with salmon type thing, steak and broccoli, things like that.

Au Bon Pain
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Jason's Deli, Smoothie King and Which Wich are my go-to lunch places when I fail to pack one.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Jason's Deli, Smoothie King and Which Wich are my go-to lunch places when I fail to pack one.

Jason's deli is a great fall back.
    I personally wouldn't say Smoothie King is a good diet place, but I suppose there's something there to have.
  • trevnik3bys
    trevnik3bys Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Some really great ideas and "positive feedback." Thanks everyone. I'll be adding some of these to my list.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Texas Roadhouse has great options. A lean 6 oz steak with vegetables and baked sweet potato is usually my go to there. Avoid the rolls, it's hard to just eat one. They are delicious little devils that really rack up the calories. Olive Garden's salad and soup are good options as well. Again, bread sticks are tasty and endless but add tons of calories to an otherwise low calorie meal.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Texas Roadhouse has great options. A lean 6 oz steak with vegetables and baked sweet potato is usually my go to there. Avoid the rolls, it's hard to just eat one. They are delicious little devils that really rack up the calories. Olive Garden's salad and soup are good options as well. Again, bread sticks are tasty and endless but add tons of calories to an otherwise low calorie meal.

That's a great one.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat out only occasionally and when I do, I eat primarily local because the food is better and I like to support local...franchise chain wise though, I like Sweet Tomatoes and Jason's Deli.

My favorite restaurant right now though is a local place called Farm and Table and it's located on a local farm that provides much of the ingredients and what they can't provide is primarily sourced from other local farms around the state..
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Subway and Tokyo Joe's my favourite sushi restaurant (but since they aren't a chain they don't have published nutrition info).

When I'm in the USA; Port of Subs, Chipolte
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Seasons 52
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I usually pick a Thai restaurant. Lots of veggie-heavy dishes, tons of flavor. Summer rolls, green papaya salad, chicken basil stir fry, yum! I'm fortunate in that when I eat curries (and I love them), I actually like having just the sauce that clings to the meat and veg and not more. Makes curries a low cal dish for me so long as I watch the rice.

For a chain, Panera is pretty good. For fast food, Taco Bell has a decent selection and with their new app, making substitutions and leaving out items is super easy. KFC grilled chicken has good flavor for fast food, too.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I rarely eat at chains, but if I do it's usually something like Protein Bar, Pret, Chop't, or ABP. I prefer local restaurants.