princess2408
princess2408 Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Is anyone on any diet pills

Replies

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Quite a few on here. The medically prescribed ones are usually amphetamines though and do have significant health risks.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Is anyone on any diet pills

No. I just eat the name number of calories MFP says I should to lose weight.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Nope, they're a waste of money and have no effect. I just eat at a deficit and I lose weight, and save money in the process!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    If diet pills worked, Oprah Winfrey would be thin, not peddling weight watchers.
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    #oilyfarts.

Skip them unless you have them prescribed by a Dr not on Adios payroll.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Coffee is my go to, it's cheap and easy.
  • Saracreveling
    Saracreveling Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    drink a lot of water, eat vegetables and lean meats, run and work on strength training either body weights or lifting. Building muscle will help with fat loss.
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    My Doctor told me not to use diet pills.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @lhwihte903 that video of diet pills is beyond awesome.
  • annie_37
    annie_37 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Use to be on Phentermine. And yep. Still fat.

Horrible side effects including but not limited to raging b**chiness, headaches, dry mouth, constipation, excessive sweating. It was lovely.
  • LHWhite903
    LHWhite903 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    @lhwihte903 that video of diet pills is beyond awesome.

Thanks! :smiley:
  • lostinthe60s
    lostinthe60s Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I went to a Diet Doctor who prescribed Phentermine. You will lose weight because you are not hungry. The minute you go off of it you eat everything in sight. I quit taking it. Dry mouth was horrible even though I drank around 10 glasses a day. Trying to do this on my own.
  • tmorton03
    tmorton03 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, diet pills really don't work. You just need to eat less and exercise more. In February of 2014, I started logging calories on MYFITNESSPAL and lost 85 pounds in one year. I have kept it off for a year also. Feel fuller by eating more protein and veggies and less carbs. Have 1 "cheat day" a week and increase calories by 300 or so. Diet pills mess with your metabolism! Try the old fashioned way of changing your diet and exercising. It really works!
  • kissedbythesunshine
    kissedbythesunshine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    If diet pills worked, Oprah Winfrey would be thin, not peddling weight watchers.

Those dramatic Oprah commercials are so annoying. She better not look the same this time next year.

• echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    To see diet pills in action, watch the movie Requiem For A Dream.
  • bbeaukay
    bbeaukay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have seen a slow weight loss rate for diet pills. It is an aid, not a cure all for weight loss, it will give you energy that may prompt you to work out, and to walk away from that cheese danish being offered at work or that burger ad on your drive home. I use it to keep myself from snacking during work hours. I'm a grazer and will graze almost all day..even healthy food calories can add up.. Just started my 2nd day of mfp and hopefully I can meet my own goal of 30 lbs lost by august..-fingers crossed-
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    bbeaukay wrote: »
    I have seen a slow weight loss rate for diet pills. It is an aid, not a cure all for weight loss, it will give you energy that may prompt you to work out, and to walk away from that cheese danish being offered at work or that burger ad on your drive home. I use it to keep myself from snacking during work hours. I'm a grazer and will graze almost all day..even healthy food calories can add up.. Just started my 2nd day of mfp and hopefully I can meet my own goal of 30 lbs lost by august..-fingers crossed-

The problem with diet pills - they are temporary changes.

But keeping the weight shouldn't be temporary - you should include some lifestyle (permanent) changes or the weight will come back.

Losing weight is just the FIRST step - good luck
  • Asianbutterflies
    Asianbutterflies Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Well I am on medically prescribed phentermine. I am being monitored by my doctor. I have lost about 12 lbs. I have the dry mouth but I like water so I drink more of it. I must check in w my doctor every 14 days otherwise I don't receive my prescription. I have lost a lot of weight over the last two years by incorporating exercise, eating healthier and portion control but now I am having trouble losing this last bit of weight. It wont come off. Making the decision to use this medication was not an easy decision and was discussed at length w my doctor. Before she would even consider medication I had to have blood work done to rule out any organic disorders and an EKG. The decision to use medication is a personal choice. While this medication helps w cravings most days, I have myself on a caloric deficit as well and have been using MFP. Eventhough I'm not hungry I make sure to eat healthy meals and snacks. To each his or her own when it comes to the utilization of meds. It is important for people who do use meds that first of all this is only a short time method as it isn't designed for long term use secondly you must be eating right and have proper nutrition while on these meds so that once you've met your weight goal you will have healthier eating habits and you can maintain your weight loss and keep it off. Again these are my thoughts.
  • steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Found out along time ago there aren't any "silver bullets". Only hard work and determination.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    echmain wrote: »
    To see diet pills in action, watch the movie Requiem For A Dream.

Seriously, good way to keep people off diet pills. Great movie.

But there are pills that don't have amphetimines in them, like Saxenda, Metformin, Belviq... Helpful for those of us who struggle to lose for medical reasons and cannot/ will not tolerate speed.

Personally I'm not on a diet med, although I've been on topamax for 10 years for migraines, lost 20 lbs in the first 6 months but nothing now.

Not everyone loses the same way. It's nice to have options.