Just got a new toy!

Options
Just went and bought a Polar F6 HRM. I don't think I've put it down since I got home, just trying to figure everything out on it.
If anyone has any tips for me, to use it to it's full potential, let me know. Like any little quirks it may have. I can't get my computer to read it through the mic, so I'll probably have to type in the numbers, but that's not a huge deal and I'm not good enough on computers to figure it out. Other than that, it seems great.
I was about to go give it a test run, but I'm going to hold off till my 4am workout to give it a whirl. Hope I like it as much in the morning!
Landon

Replies

• Landon66
    Landon66 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just went and bought a Polar F6 HRM. I don't think I've put it down since I got home, just trying to figure everything out on it.
    If anyone has any tips for me, to use it to it's full potential, let me know. Like any little quirks it may have. I can't get my computer to read it through the mic, so I'll probably have to type in the numbers, but that's not a huge deal and I'm not good enough on computers to figure it out. Other than that, it seems great.
    I was about to go give it a test run, but I'm going to hold off till my 4am workout to give it a whirl. Hope I like it as much in the morning!
    Landon
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I don't have a polar but I do have a Timex and I love it! the best workout gift I've given myself. The thing with my Timex is that you have to start the crono also or it does give me a calorie reading for that work out.

Good luck! and have fun
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I love mine! :heart:
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I just got mine too (same model)!! To quote McD's - I'm lovin' it!! :laugh:
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I love love love love love my polar f6. My first tip, turn off the hr alarm. That beepin will drive you craaaaazy!
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I love love love love love my polar f6. My first tip, turn off the hr alarm. That beepin will drive you craaaaazy!

Good one! I had that issue with my Timex.
  • DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    Love mine. Chest strap is a little moody. Rub a little water under it if it isn't reading and you'll be good to go! :drinker:
  • pkdarlin
    pkdarlin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it.

Pat :smile: