morning cardio

Options
If you can muster up the energy to do cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach you will see tremendous results. Intervals are the way to go with a 2 min off/ 1 minute on providing great success. In other words, you can jog for 2 minutes and then sprint for one.

Replies

• The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Damn! I been doing constant HR of 150 for no reason?!? for the last 6 months?

I agree with the starved cardio.....I have been doing that....
  • TheTypist
    TheTypist Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey,
    I got the same advice from my doctor. So I guess I better give it a try.
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I like doing it in the morning before everyone else is out of bed. I think it clears me for the rest of the day. I hate having to figure out when to "fit" in exercise.
  • pbor
    pbor Posts: 11
    Options
    150 hr is strong you are working super hard. 208 at 11% is impressive keep it up. I have a ways to go to get there
  • pbor
    Options
    energy all day is a bonus
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have done that for the past two months and people told me I was crazy. They told me I should eat breakfast before I do my cardio.
  • pbor
    Options
    sounds really familiar! I also feel energized the rest of the day. One problem- I am always hungry.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    If I could do my workout while sleeping, I would be a morning exerciser. Tried, but to tired - so, I choose to go after work but usually don't eat the 3-4 hours before I go. It's not the same thing as completely empty stomach, but think it's working.
  • renewed2
    renewed2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My best days start with cardio... afterwards I'm energized, alert & hungry but not willing to comprise my great workout with eating junk food..
  • pbor
    Options
    I have done that for the past two months and people told me I was crazy. They told me I should eat breakfast before I do my cardio.
    You will see results!
  • pbor
    Options
    My best days start with cardio... afterwards I'm energized, alert & hungry but not willing to comprise my great workout with eating junk food.. I feel the same way. Why bust your hump and then ruin it in the kitchen. I am eating 7 times a day and I am still alwys hungry!!!
  • pbor
    Options
    If I could do my workout while sleeping, I would be a morning exerciser. Tried, but to tired - so, I choose to go after work but usually don't eat the 3-4 hours before I go. It's not the same thing as completely empty stomach, but think it's working.
    That is a good tip. If I don't have time in the morning I will remember those words. Thanks
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I have liked switching my exercise to mornings. I'm not a morning person and pretty tired, but it wakes me up and helps my day seem better. I also do it on an empty stomach or, at most, a banana. And, water, of course!
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I agree with the interval training. If you stay at a steady pace your body tends to adapt and works more efficiently to not burn as many calories. However, from what I've read in different fitness magazine articles there may not be much difference between eating before cardio in the morning and exercising on an empty stomach. Unless you've eaten a moderate amount of food an hour less before working out then some of your energy stores will be redirected to digestion. :smile:
  • noely1974
    noely1974 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I also found this routine worked as i stuck to it. I find that after work i can be pulled away from my workout with all kinds of social activities. unfortunately work as asked me to start an hour earlier , great for my pocket but can't get up now !
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm going to try this out.

This morning I did 40mins Interval and my AVG HR was 5 bpm higher than my AVG on sustained. My peak was higher too.
    I'll give this a shot for a month. Lets see how it goes.