I need ideas for chicken

Options
pie_eyes
pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
edited January 2016 in Recipes
Nothing too fancy like chicken tacos

I was gonna make chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and mac N cheese tonight, but I was thinking something simpler (using less cookware) and a little lighter

I tried looking at AllRecipes but they literally always have the same recipes and I've already done half of them and don't feel "encouraged" to them again

Idk throw some ideas at me please

I have breasts

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Chicken tacos isn't fancy - it's super easy!

Throw your chicken breasts in the crock pot with a jar of green salsa. Cook all day. When it's dinner time, shred the chicken and throw it in a tortilla with cheese and other taco stuff. Literally one of the easiest meals I make.

I also make homemade chicken nuggets, cutting up the breasts into nugget-sized pieces, toss them in Shake N Bake and cook 20 minutes. WAY yummier than processed chicken nuggets.

Third, I marinate the chicken in teriyaki marinade all day and bake or stick them in the smoker. Again, super yummy.

There's so much you can do, from super easy to super advanced. I am way down on the super easy end of the spectrum. :D
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I made a pretzel crusted mustard chicken the other day. SOOOOOO GOOD!

Mix 2 tablespoons low fat or olive oil mayo with about 2-3 tablespoons mustard and spread it on your chicken then roll it in some crushed up some low fat pretzels (mix in ground mustard seed with them for extra flavor) and bake! My kids (2yrs and 4yrs) loved it!
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @lindsay did you make sides with that?

I'm also a bit of dumb box when trying to pair sides
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Skinny taste recipes: just finished off some Chicken curry for lunch. Had Skinny Taste chicken chilli last night for dinner.
  • dumdumbells
    dumdumbells Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Check out fitmencook.com - it really helped me up my chicken game. And I don't even care if it's geared toward men. The food is delicious and the recipes are easy.
  • myname20
    myname20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You could cut them in pieces and cook on wok pan together with some veggies you like (mushroom, onion, beans, broccoli, spinach etc etc) plus I would add a lot of spices, green onions, garlic. You can also make this as a sauce for pasta.

Put them in oven for around 1 hour and before cut them and fill with cheese/spinach/whatever else.. :smiley:

Chicken soup

ahh there are too many ways to cook the chicken :)
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I did steamed green beans and a roasted garlic quinoa (it was from a box) I had more green beans than quinoa and came in at 569 calories for a pretty filling meal! :)

I also made a skinny chicken alfredo last week that was really tasty! This is the reciepe - I used fat free milk and 1 serving (recipe makes 4 so it was a lot!) was 562 calories. We served steamed broccoli on the side (though i mixed mine in the pasta)
    http://www.spendwithpennies.com/skinny-chicken-alfredo/

Another favorite is baked bruschetta chicken
    http://www.sarcasticcooking.com/2013/10/11/baked-bruschetta-chicken/

Good luck! :)
  • k_nicole87
    k_nicole87 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    There are TONS of "one pot" chicken recipes online. I personally like to bake my chicken with veggies right in the same pan to save time.
  • michaelafoor916
    michaelafoor916 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    hmm I always love making chipotle style chicken... it's just chipotles in adobo, cumin, garlic powder, olive oil, and oregano. just marinate and put in the skillet or on the grill. so delicious... or even simpler I just sprinkle chicken with chipotle chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and S&P and cook.