Cellulite.... ARGH!!!!

Options
Any ladies out there have any success with getting rid of or reducing cellulite???

Replies

• imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling you aren't going to get flooded with replies. I know I, personally, have NO IDEA how to get rid of it. At my thinnest I was still jiggly. :(
  • xcrystalx
    xcrystalx Posts: 19
    Options
    I used to have quite a bit of cellulite but after losing weight (fat) a lot of it went, although I still have a little bit. To completely get rid of cellulite you have to be very healthy, no smoking, drinking or eating junk food because they are all toxins that cause cellulite.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    It's genetic, you pretty much can reduce it by losing fat and building muscle and that's about it.
  • vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    you can reduce it by eating healthy, exercising and drinking lots and lots of water. To be completly cellulite free I think you'll need to be at the gym maaany hours each day and eating super super clean. Everyone has a little and we need to learn to live with it!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    My cellulite has gone away since I've been eating right and exercising 4-6 days a week...I just toned it up. Good luck!
  • th1nkth1nmama
    Options
    Lots of walking has taken away most of mine, Thankfully!!!!
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    So there are no miracle creams out there that actually work?
  • Sacredmaiden
    Options
    Nope, no miracle creams. And if you find one that says results are guaranteed, don't believe it. As people have explained here, cellulite is the result of water retention, fat, and toxins that are pressed through the honeycomb of our leg's muscle fibers. That's why it's dimply. To get rid of it, you must eat very very well and exercise frequently.

Since I started eating mostly vegetarian and have begun focusing more on my hamstrings and inner thighs in my workouts, my legs have been smoothing out nicely. It just takes time and discipline. No quick fixes, unfortunately.
  • SushiPunk
    SushiPunk Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have been using a cream from Bath and Body Works called Bring Up The Rear. I just tried it because I work there and got a good discount on it. Thought why not? The key to these "miracle creams" is vigorous massaging for about 5 minutes a use. I have seen a small change, but I also do a lot of strength training in my glutes and have been eating healthier. It could be one or the other or a combo of both.
  • Jdismybug1
    Jdismybug1 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    There's mo miracle cure, but toning helps, and a tan if you're pastie (trust me my whole family is full or pastie...lol) but when losing weight it tends to lessen how noticable it is.