Beer /shots / soda

Options
How much weight Flys off when you drop these 3 ?

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    It also depends on your activity level and how many calories you are taking in from food and drink. I have noticed though that people due tend to lose weight when they drop those, and not cause those items cause weight gain, but ip they may easily put you in a caloric surplus since they are calorie dense. People who don't want to pay for my training or nutrition services and just want some quick easy advice, I usually tell them quit the alcohol and see what happens. I have a guy who has lost 40+ lbs once he gave up drinking
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I continue to drink tequila and I have beer every once and awhile. I fit it in so I can lose and still be happy.
  • dottyb1tchmouse
    dottyb1tchmouse Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I switched from beer to shots thinking it would help me cut calories... go figure, I gained at least 10 pounds since then. I was actually the thinnest I've been in the past 5 years when I was drinking a decent amount of beer and intermittent fasting.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Beer seems to be better than hard liquor for me. I can drink 1 large beer and feel full and call it quits.
    The hard stuff I can just gulp it down with diet coke and pretzels. I lost a lot of weight by cutting alcohol to only once a week. I log it. I still drink hard liquor on occasion.
  • tlflag1620
    tlflag1620 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much of them you were drinking to begin with, as well as whether or not you replace them with anything, and what you replace them with.

I cut out soda years ago (simply not worth the calories to me) and dropped about 20 lbs without doing anything else. I was drinking 5-6 cans of regular soda a day and switched to water. When I got pregnant with my first child I stopped my nightly beer habit (3-4 beers per night) and gained 50 lbs - but I obviously increased how much I was eating overall. Right now I only drink wine or whiskey (beer upsets my stomach anymore and I don't find it worth the calories), but giving that up wouldn't be terribly helpful - I only have one or two drinks once or twice a month... If that. I know alcohol slows my weight loss when I do indulge, but I'm okay with a slight gain or no change on the scale that week if it means I can enjoy that small indulgence.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Calories in, calories out.
    Depends on how you want to spend them.
    Personally, I drink very little of my calories.
    I get more satisfaction from chewing them.
    Whatever works. It is entirely a personal choice.
    However, there is the nutrition aspect of the whole process, it is up to you.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ive lost 70 pounds drinking all 3 .....

(okay, not so much regular soda but i do drink coke and sprite zero. mainly with jack and vodka, respectively ;) ) LOLOLOL
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It depends on whether or not you replace the calories in those things with calories from other sources.
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Sprite mmmmmmmm
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I usually lose about a pound after a night of moderate drinking.

It dehydrates me.
  • tbirk
    tbirk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Personally, those empty calories make weight loss so much harder! I consume in moderation, not actually cutting everything out. Cutting back makes room for more satisfying and filling foods on a limited calorie budget.
  • ontosinc297
    ontosinc297 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    A good friend of mine lost 20 lbs in about 6 months on our last deployment together. The only change was no alcohol or soda. He usually had 5 or 6 Pepsi's throughout the day and 2 or 3 beers at night. While deployed his activity level and food were pretty much the same.