30 years old 41 BMI Need Motivation

Options
Here I am again.

I have been through highs and lows on this site and right now I am at my lowest (unfortunately not weight wise).
I am 5'6" I started out a few years ago at 230lbs. Through exercise and diet and MFP I lost 110 pounds.

Depression/anxiety/medication/stress have led me back down the road all the way to 255 pounds. I now have a BMI of 41 which puts me in the morbidly obese category. This scares me and is so hard to hear. My wife and I have a 6 month old daughter and I am scared I am going to eat myself to an early death and miss out on so much.

I know I have to just start and keep going at this point but I keep "relapsing". Sometimes I feel like its too late for me at 30 to come back from this. I have pretty much no motivation to exercise at the moment but I feel that I should at least get a grip on my diet and hopefully the exercise will follow.

If you have any words of motivation or personal experiences to help or anything please feel free to post them here or message me. I have isolated myself on fat island for about a year now and I need help.

Replies

• VansBel374
    VansBel374 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's never too late to start...again. You've got a lot going for you, so don't give up.

If you aren't ready to start exercising yet, then don't. Or add it back little by little. Find an exercise that you enjoy doing, that'll make it easier.

Set some goals for yourself, even if they seem small. They'll be something to work toward and once you reach each goal, you'll feel better about the whole process.

Baby steps. You can do this!!!
  • kaosvarkas
    kaosvarkas Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I've set my initial goal to lose 55 pounds. Started tracking food again today. Here we go again.
  • CampLondon
    CampLondon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    you can join group super bowl weight L challenge. It has only 2 weeks left.
  • gbasra95
    gbasra95 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Man you're 30 years young! Not old at all. Want to know how you get what you want? Get motivated and get started, don't rely on the motivation to keep you going. What keeps you going is discipline, perseverance, commitment and work habit. Ask yourself everyday in the morning and before you work out, "how badly do I want to be in my family's life?" You know the answer, you know you can attain massive success and prove your answer to be right and you know how to do it.