Cravings

1smemae94
1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
edited September 28 in Motivation and Support
What do you do when you have a very strong craving?

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    It's all about moderation. Have a little bit; just enough to satisfy the craving. UNLESS it's something like a big mac, then I'd say try to find something you can substitute to satisfy your craving.
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Work out enough or save enough calories for it and have it! You always want what you can't have. The more you deprive yourself, the more likely you are to fall of the wagon and binge.
  • Lholford
    Lholford Posts: 34 Member
    I keep a basket of fresh fruit on my dining room table with items that don't require peeling chopping and so forth: apples, bananas, grapes, whatever suits your fancy.

If I'm looking for salty, I go for tortilla chips and salsa MEASURED OUT....don't eat from the bag or you'll go overboard!

It's it's sweet, keeps some tootsie pops on hand. One tootsie pop will last a long time and is only 60 calorie.

If you simply must have something you KNOW isn't good for your waistline, make yourself have a good-for-you snack right before such as a salad or simply a sliced cucumber with some lite ranch dressing.

I also keep fudgsicles on hand for that sweet indulgence.

I only regained my weight when I started not following my own rules.
  • 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Whenever I get a craving for a favorite snack (especially while at work when just sitting at my desk and want to raid the snack machine to get a fix!) I gulp down a 16oz bottle of water. Usually drinking the water quickly subdues my craving. If I really have to have a certain something I just take a very little bit, enough to satisfy the craving.
  • DieselGrrl
    DieselGrrl Posts: 55
    It's all about moderation. Have a little bit; just enough to satisfy the craving. UNLESS it's something like a big mac, then I'd say try to find something you can substitute to satisfy your craving.

I totally agree.

P.S. I've noticed that since bumping up my lean protein levels, and reducing my carbs, I havent experienced many cravings. I stay full /satisfied longer, and my blood sugar doesnt spike and I suffer fewer headaches! :)
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    If option 1 is not possible, see option 2.

1. I try to make room in my daily counts for it.

2. Drink water... and find something to occupy myself (my body AND mind - organizing closets or drawers works great for this). Usually I forget about it.

Sometimes telling myself "later" or "tomorrow" (or some other future date) eliminates the overwhelming urge to have it that "no" creates.
  • cianna11
    cianna11 Posts: 19
    What do you do when you have a very strong craving?
    I have just asked that very same question...coolio!!
  • AdorablePanda
    AdorablePanda Posts: 125 Member
    If option 1 is not possible, see option 2.

1. I try to make room in my daily counts for it.

2. Drink water... and find something to occupy myself (my body AND mind - organizing closets or drawers works great for this). Usually I forget about it.

Sometimes telling myself "later" or "tomorrow" (or some other future date) eliminates the overwhelming urge to have it that "no" creates.

Exactly! I love it when I can go with option 1...but if not option 2 is definitely not a bad idea
  • karona313
    karona313 Posts: 37
    Brush my teeth! :) I read that it only takes 15 minutes for a craving to pass...I find this to be close to the truth for me :)
  • When I up my veggies daily my craving seem to go away.....make sure you are eating 5 small meals a day. allow for a cheat meal every week and that is when you have that forbidden food. you have it and move on....make sure cheat meal day is a workout day!
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Thanks bunches :D
This discussion has been closed.