to schedule or not to schedule??

Options
wendyw8
wendyw8 Posts: 86 Member
I was wondering how many ppl do their workouts at the same time every day, and on the same days, with their rest days also being the same every week? Does this help you to be more motivated to work out? I work out whenever I feel like it, instead of keeping it at the same time and sometimes I really have to force myself to get up and do it. So I was just wondering if this could make a difference?
:)

Replies

• tab143
    tab143 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am like you, and YES, many times I have to force myself and end up NOT doing it! I am going to start scheduling my workouts/strength training/rest days for set times beginning today. I think it's just agood idea!
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am very scheduled but it is due to my long work hours. I like to take off Sunday and Monday
  • mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Definitely schedule!! You will get a lot of different opinions, but I keep my rest days on Friday and Sunday...I was just thinking of starting to walk on the Friday's that I don't have any plans. Good Luck
  • southtowngirl
    southtowngirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym straight from work, because if I go home, I tend to stay home, and not make it back to the gym. On the weekends though the time of day fluctuates depending on what else I have going on or what errands I have to run.
  • LesmillsJunkie
    Options
    Mine is scheduled. I only do group classes so I schedule mine when the classes I want are. They stay the same, mostly, week to week
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    I find that if I don't do it at the same time every day - it simply won't get done...
    I'm working on moving from an afternoon workout to a morning workout and that is killing me lol - Scheduling and sticking to it is an easier goal (for me) to accomplish than the goal of getting "around to it"
  • dida0721
    dida0721 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom with 2 small kids. I wake up to work out and sometimes they get up and want breakfast or held and distract me so it doesn't get done. I plan to walk with them when we get home and the youngest is pooped out and falls asleep in the car on the way home from daycare. I plan to work out at night and one of them can't get to sleep.

The bottom line is yes I have a plan and sometimes it doesn't work out so I work out whenever the opportunity arises until I've hit the burn I need for the day.

Thats my plan. I can't let my little ones or my "plan" get in the way of my health. I'll squeeze in 5 or 10 or hallelujah 30 minutes when I can.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I am not a morning person, so I never get up early enough to exercise before work, so mine is just based on my schedule. I go right after work, because I tend to get distracted if I go home first and if I wait it get's dark (I usually go for a walk or a run outside).
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I plan it out along with my eating. I have to make a commitment to myself just as would anyone that I love. That being said life (kids) get in the way a lot and I have to often modify my plans. My plan usually is 3 running days 3 circuit strength days one active rest day. I plan but I know I have to be flexible and just make things fit where they will with having kids.