Sweet tooth

Options
Hi all I have a really sweet tooth so I'm looking for low sugar/calorie puds any suggestions please

Replies

• brentsgurl
    brentsgurl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I cut up an apple, sprinkle with cinnamon and a tad bit of brown sugar....bake in oven for about 20 minutes. I top with a little frozen yogurt but you wouldn't have to. I do it with peaches and pears too. Kinda like pie without the calories. Sometimes I throw in a little bit of oats for some added texture too :) I have a crazy sweet tooth as well and that is my biggest issue when trying to eat healthy.
  • kelbax22
    kelbax22 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I also have a huge sweet tooth so this has been a huge change for me. I have been eating greek yogurt that has the fruit on the bottom and clementines since they are super sweet. I am recently gluten free and have found refrigerated gluten free cookies at Sprouts, I only bake 1 cookie at a time to limit myself and that has been working nicely. Also I splurge on a dark chocolate bar with raspberries in it on some days that I work out, I split the bar into threes and it lasts me for the week!

I used to eat oreos, choc chip cookies, and ice cream almost every day. I feel better and more energetic not eating all that! :)
  • Ginger7658
    Ginger7658 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That sounds great thanks for the tip I'll give it a try :)
  • krista681
    krista681 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    smoothies! I know you are probably thinking more along the lines of chocolate. I used to always want chocolate or some sort of candy after meals but one I started dieting I found that my late night treats have become smoothies and I don't even crave unhealthy sweets anymore! Fruit has enough natural sugar in it to satisfy those sweet tooth cravings. Plus they are healthy! There are even some great healthy recipes out there that do include chocolate.

http://www.eatthis.com/10-smoothie-recipes-weight-loss
    This was the website I used when I first starting looking for recipes for dieting. Some great ideas in there!
  • Ginger7658
    Ginger7658 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Loving all the suggestions thank you so much :)
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    hartleys 10 calorie jelly
    options 40 calorie hot chocolate
    one or two squares of dark chocolate
    i have also tried a crushed oreo in greek yoghurt (got that idea from mfp member)
  • brentsgurl
    brentsgurl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    someone also told me to get pillsbury sugar free chocolate frosting and a jar of peanut butter....melt the pb in the microwave...mix with the frosting...put it in a 9 x 9 glass dish and in the fridge to set. Fudge with alot less calories :) i haven't tried it yet...but i'm going to :)