320-245 (so far)

Options
I'm Austin. I have been a bigger guy my entire life. I am 6'4 with a 7' wing span.I was lucky enough to earn a D1 football scholarship. I had always thought that I needed to be the biggest guy, so I ate my way up to 320lbs. After weighing 320lbs for a few years, I became disgusted in myself and decided it was time to change my life. So, over the summer going into my sophomore football season, I lost 50lbs and got down to 270lbs. I wanted to lose more weight, but my coaches told me to gain weight back. So I gained back up to 280-290lbs and stayed there until my last football game. I went into my last football game weighing 280lbs, and now, 2 months later, I am down to 245lbs. I have been very inspired by people like yourselves, and I just wanted to share this story with y'all to thank you. I intend to lose down to around 220-230lbs, which will be 100lbs less than my highest weight, and hopefully stay around that weight for the rest of my life. Feel free to reply to this discussion with any questions or for just inspiration. Again, I appreciate you guys so much, even though I do not know you personally.

Replies

• AustinAllen60
    AustinAllen60 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    7c4qad0oznsb.png

This is an image of my transformation over my college career. I will upload pictures of now soon! Thanks for all of your support!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    I'm Austin. I have been a bigger guy my entire life. I am 6'4 with a 7' wing span.I was lucky enough to earn a D1 football scholarship. I had always thought that I needed to be the biggest guy, so I ate my way up to 320lbs. After weighing 320lbs for a few years, I became disgusted in myself and decided it was time to change my life. So, over the summer going into my sophomore football season, I lost 50lbs and got down to 270lbs. I wanted to lose more weight, but my coaches told me to gain weight back. So I gained back up to 280-290lbs and stayed there until my last football game. I went into my last football game weighing 280lbs, and now, 2 months later, I am down to 245lbs. I have been very inspired by people like yourselves, and I just wanted to share this story with y'all to thank you. I intend to lose down to around 220-230lbs, which will be 100lbs less than my highest weight, and hopefully stay around that weight for the rest of my life. Feel free to reply to this discussion with any questions or for just inspiration. Again, I appreciate you guys so much, even though I do not know you personally.

Awesome! Yours is an amazing story. You should be very proud of yourself.

Your wingspan comment makes me think of the book The Sports Gene. The author is discussing typical wingspans of elite athletes (like the NBA, Olympic swimming). I had never really heard the terminology before he discussed it. If you are interested in both the genetics and the non-genetics of sports, you might find it an interested read! Anyways, way to go on your accomplishments, I'm sure you've got a lot more in you!
  • escotech2883
    escotech2883 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I am 6 foot 1 and 310 now and can use the help man. How did you do it ??
    And btw great job and congrads