weighing in

Options
Hi guys/girls how often do you Weigh yourself when training to lose weight? I'm thinking of once a month, or should I weigh in more frequently

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You should do what works best for you. Some people freak out at every little fluctuation and should weigh themselves as little as possible. Others like to see the trends and fluctuations and can weigh in daily. Just depends on you.
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    ^what she said. I'm a "data geek" and like seeing it daily, how it trends, and think it is helping me understand my particular version of the amazingly complex machine that is the human body. But, there is no "right" answer - only what's right for you.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I'm one that needs to weigh as little as possible. I just checked in this morning, and am not pleased, so I'm adjusting and am going to try to wait two weeks before checking again. But it's all about what works, I've tried daily and it wasn't for the best!
  • rjthejogger
    rjthejogger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello ready2rock and thank u for ur reply, im only trying to lose 1 stone at 3lb a month, over the nxt 5 months to get back to my target weight, thinking about ur reply I might be best weighing in fortnightly to make sure I'm on track and not going over
  • Matt200goal
    Matt200goal Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    ^what she said. I'm a "data geek" and like seeing it daily, how it trends, and think it is helping me understand my particular version of the amazingly complex machine that is the human body. But, there is no "right" answer - only what's right for you.

That said, I would also recommend taking some measurements as well. I measure monthly - it's sometimes interesting to see "hmm, didn't lose a pound, but I lost an inch off my waist..." Think there are a lot of ways to measure progress/improvement.
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Whatever you find makes you feel best. I started out with and like to do it once a week, but even that is 'obsessive' for me with my mind on the subject, etc. Once a month gives me anxiety too since I like to know the results of my efforts more frequently than that- so I can adjust if needed. So, I intend to go with twice a month for the next few months. My goal has been and remains one pound per week for a year from my start date of 8/24/15.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 284 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I think weekly weight ins are appropriate to see where you need to make adjustments to your physical activity and eating habits. I weigh myself every Thursday to keep me motivated with my workout and to make adjustments accordingly.
  • rjthejogger
    rjthejogger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone av just now seen all the comments thank u very much for such a brilliant responce to my post, lots of very good advice witch will be helpful for me and also others who are starting out, good luck everyone with your training and hitting your goals for the new year
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm in a constant battle between my love of data collecting and my hatred of seeing daily fluctuations in weight. I was weighing every day for awhile but I mentally could not stand the normal fluctuations in my weight. I wish there was a way for me to weigh everyday and have it logged but I couldn't see it.