Why do you want to lose weight?

Options
I want to know all of your goals! Mine is to be able to slim down a bit to be able to wear cosplay better. I love to cosplay at comic conventions, and would be fun to do some that I can't really attempt right now.

Replies

• Wpham7633
    Wpham7633 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So I can look sexy af and get six pack abs :smile:
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Wpham7633 wrote: »

^
  • cnwilliams86
    cnwilliams86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Specifically for my wedding but also for my honeymoon
  • dottyb1tchmouse
    dottyb1tchmouse Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I gained around 20-25 lbs from drinking since last summer, and I just felt a lot more attractive and confident at my old weight so I want to get back to that.
  • mb20robsessed
    mb20robsessed Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Specifically for my wedding but also for my honeymoon

How exciting! Congrats! :blush:
  • mb20robsessed
    Options
    Wpham7633 wrote: »

Hah! Great reasoning.
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I just desire to be, the healthiest vessel possible; for any children that I might birth & raise, it's also necessary to reasonably be able; to participate with their activities & any extra weight'd hinder those abilities.
  • JackieMaughan
    JackieMaughan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I want to look good. People treat you better. It's a fact. Fifty pounds heavier and I was invisible. Now fellas hold doors for me. I also feel better, which is great, but vanity is my main motivator.
    Ah, what is a "cosplay", mb20?
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I just want to get back to the weight AND shape that I was 15 years ago. I can't turn back the clock and be 40 again (as much as I love the thought of doing that) but I can at least feel better and be stronger, faster and have greater endurance.
  • ChristineNguyen95
    Options
    For starters, I want to be healthier. I was never over weight or had a high BMI, but I was out of shape and too soft for my liking. I definitely want some lady abs for the summer.
  • iluvbep
    iluvbep Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    To feel more confident and to rock my wedding dress in june!
  • UltimateMedu
    UltimateMedu Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Confidence and just looking and feeling great! Was at the lowest weight I could every remember a year ago but gained some back. I felt healthy and fit. Trying to get back there!
  • teeking2
    teeking2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So I can just be comfortable in my own body instead of feeling self conscious every time I sit down that maybe my flab might be hanging over my pants... or when I stand up that my back fat is yelling out for attention... or when I wave and my bat wings keep swaying even after I put my arm back down... I dont wanna be supermodel material.... just happy and healthy :-)
  • lainy1979
    lainy1979 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    To get back to my old confident self, happy and sociable and full of energy. Now i'm a mummy I think my daughter deserves to know me like that. I also think I deserve to feel that way again :)
  • momma1994
    momma1994 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just want to get down to a 12-14 jeans again. I am back up to a tight 16 to a 18
  • fitnesserica86
    fitnesserica86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I moved to a new state and didn't know anyone so I pretty much just sat on my *kitten* lol and quit smoking and gained 20 lbs. I am a stay at home mom but don't wanna look like one summer is coming up and I don't want to dread putting on a bikini I want confidence so um yeah that's why lol
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Because I'm fat. And if I can't even look at myself, how am I supposed to think other people view me? Mostly for myself.
  • mb20robsessed
    Options
    maugjacq wrote: »
    I want to look good. People treat you better. It's a fact. Fifty pounds heavier and I was invisible. Now fellas hold doors for me. I also feel better, which is great, but vanity is my main motivator.
    Ah, what is a "cosplay", mb20?

Cosplay is when you go to conventions and dress up as your favorite Pop culture characters! Google search Comic con cosplay.
  • Saviik
    Saviik Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I want to know all of your goals! Mine is to be able to slim down a bit to be able to wear cosplay better. I love to cosplay at comic conventions, and would be fun to do some that I can't really attempt right now.

I love your reason! I have never cosplayed, but I think it would be really fun! I do want to sometime.

Mine is mainly to feel better about myself, but I don't know if that should be my focus. I don't think losing weight alone is going to fix that. I'm trying to get a more positive mindset to help with that!

Other reasons include my wedding, getting ready for our next child (plan to try for another this year), get back into my old clothes because I refuse to buy more (on limited choices right now), be a better example for my family, and I feel if I am trying to help others achieve better health then I should as well. I'm a nursing student and I'll be graduating this May!
  • angelamy1977
    angelamy1977 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    teeking2 wrote: »
    So I can just be comfortable in my own body instead of feeling self conscious every time I sit down that maybe my flab might be hanging over my pants... or when I stand up that my back fat is yelling out for attention... or when I wave and my bat wings keep swaying even after I put my arm back down... I dont wanna be supermodel material.... just happy and healthy :-)

What she said :)