Shape Ups

Options
I was thinking about buying some shape ups until I saw how much they cost. Does anyone on here own a pair? I was hoping to get some feedback to see if they are worth buying.

Replies

• HealthierIn2011
    Options
    I bought some similar ones at WalMart to try them out and see if I like them. I think they cost $30. I do like them and they seem to help with my posture. When I wear them out I'll probably splurge for the Sketchers brand.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I searched online for that type of sneaker from a different brand. I foudn a pair for $40. I like them in that I find I stand straighter and use muscles a little more to maintain balance. I don't feel they offer anything huge in terms of real toning, but they are comfortable, once you get used to rocking as you walk and stand, and have great support for your arch! I'll definitely by another pair once these go. I'd like to get the fit tone ones that have the added weigh in them too,
  • ACF2
    ACF2 Posts: 51
    Options
    save your money- its a scam- have u seen Kim Kardashians REAL *kitten* without photoshop? YIKES!
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I got a pair for Christmas and had to stop wearing them. I got numbness in my middle two toes. Also you should know, you aren't supposed to wear them for workouts or on a treadmill. Only every day walking around. I have the Sketcher Shape Ups and they felt great in the store it took about a month of wearing them daily before the numbness set in. Could just be me but I wish someone would've told me before hand.

Good Luck!
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    HeelsAndBoxingGloves Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I have the Rebok Easytones and I love them! I agree with that they help more with posture and foot support but that helps you look thinner! I also like them better than the Sketcher's because they look more like normal shoes :-)
  • lyrical_21
    lyrical_21 Posts: 25
    Options
    Yeah...I was thinking about the easytones too. And they do look better than the sketchers.
  • lyrical_21
    Options
    @ acf 2 lol...I can never tell what's real or fake with these celebrity bodies anyway.
  • ACF2
    ACF2 Posts: 51
    Options
    no doubt huh?
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about buying some shape ups until I saw how much they cost. Does anyone on here own a pair? I was hoping to get some feedback to see if they are worth buying.

For casual walking, maybe. For weight lifting, no way. Even regular tennis shoes are not great for weight lifting.
  • Bottleblondie
    Options
    Hi :) Save your money on the shoes and do squats or lunges instead. They'll be much better for your butt and thighs and you won't have to wear those silly shoes. I say this because it's working for me :)
  • Alaranio
    Alaranio Posts: 75
    Options
    I got a pair of the Avia toners when they went on sale at work for like $30. I like them. I wear them for Zumba and my 30 shred. I feel they help me with posture and can feel it when I'm walking around.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Hi :) Save your money on the shoes and do squats or lunges instead. They'll be much better for your butt and thighs and you won't have to wear those silly shoes. I say this because it's working for me :)

^
    What she said.

Good butt work: Back Squats, Deadlifts, Romanian / Stiff Legged Deadlifts, Lunges, running up an incline, mountain climber, stair master are all good.
  • rachelllk
    rachelllk Posts: 63
    Options
    Sorry to whoever owns these, but Sketcher's Shape Ups are hideous. I walk to class/around campus every day and after I bought Reebok RunTones I noticed that I was slightly sore after a couple days of wearing them. I don't know if they actually work, but I love them! You can get them for less than $35 here: http://www.6pm.com/search/reebok+runtone/filter/zc1/"Shoes"/sort/price/asc
  • lyrical_21
    Options
    Hey everybody, thanks for your feedback. I've decided to save my money. :smile: I already do the lunges and squats and butt lifts, so I'll continue to work it out.