Struggling to stick with it . . . what keeps you going?

Options
I had been really successful in the past and lost about 60 pounds exclusively through diet, without any exercise. Since then I have really been at a stand-still. I am much more active now due to a boyfriend who loves the outdoors and has a passion for hiking but I just don't have the same level of motivation to monitor my diet that I did previously. I feel great and am genuinely happy in life but I still want to lose about 30 additional pounds to get to my goal weight. I am thankful I just haven't gained any weight since I stopped actively losing it.

Does anyone have any tricks they use to keep their head in the game? What keeps you pushing to continue on?

hyhko8nd84bf.png

Replies

• lainy1979
    lainy1979 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    No advice to give but I've got to say you look fantastic! If you're genuinely happy why put too much pressure on yourself to lose the lbs? Just do what you're doing and address any weight gain as it happens rather than leave it too long making it harder to shift ☺
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    You look amazing as you are. I don't see why you'd want to lose more weight.
  • joannewryan
    joannewryan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's a life long commitment so you need to see it as that. If you've plateaued maybe it's time to take a short break on losing and figure out exactly what you are doing to maintain. If you're slowly gaining again, then you have to figure out the calorie/exercise mix that's going to keep you stable. After about 6 months to 1 year of maintaining then you can get back on the losing train again and try for more. You look great so take the pressure off yourself and enjoy being who you are.
  • Nell8i8
    Nell8i8 Posts: 61 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Wow you did an amazing job! I would say if those activities that your bf is into don't get you excited perhaps try something else. Dancing? Try a new sport? Increase something little by little. For me to get really motivated I can't have an unmeasurable goal. I Can't tell myself I want to just lose 30 lbs. I set a date by which I want to achieve it. That way I don't let myself think "I'll start tomorrow"....this way I start right now. If I did that I would never get started. This day, this second, this meal.....my life change starts now.